First day out for a spell

Tigger

Thank's Brian :).

Sounds like you had a good day out then... winding in those chub :). Is the big lake local or up north ?

Localish Ian.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Localish Ian.

Oh, I had visions of you on a cumbrian lake or summot :).

It wasn't really a very inviting day today, foggy and cold in the morning and then cold and windy in the afternoon. The wind made it feel bloody freezin' ! Since it was the last day of the river season and I was in a position to get out and fish I made tracks to my local river.

I found a swim that was slightly out of the main gusts of wind and started to trott...first trott and bingo, float dipped under and a nice chub icon_cool.gif . Next trott through and again the float buried and I struck into a clone of the first chub, this went on for some time and I actually lost count of the fish after 25, probably had another 10 or more fish all varying from 2lb to just over 3 1/2 lb. I was pleased to have had such a prolific session on the last day of the season but I was also pleased to get home and have a cup of warm tea infront of the logburner followed by steak pie, chips and salad and then homemade carrot cake still warm from the oven...lovely jubbly cake1.png .

march14chub1.jpg

mar14chub1.jpg

Blimey, that's probably more chub than I managed all year!

Nice fishing.

Mike

"I want some repairs done to my cooker as it has backfired and burnt my knob off."

Blimey, that's probably more chub than I managed all year!

Nice fishing.

Mike

Thank's Mike, I was lucky dropping on a shoal like that especially on the last day of the season :). I know there where anglers fishing close by me both above and below and all but one blanked so I had the sweet spot :).

Edited by Tigger