Dream Zombies

toria

does anyone else find that when you are dreaming of runing away from somethinge.g the boogie man or say the debt collectors, that when you try and run your legs are like lead and you run in slow mo???? :huh:

hope you've relieved yourself, coz you gonna s**t !

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a common feeling during dreams, I used to know the reason behind it but I've forgotten at the moment :rolleyes: No doubt someone on here can enlighten us....

I used to have a recurring dream when I was about 8 or 9 of being chased by a load of alarm clocks and having the feeling that I'm running through syrup. Okay, dreams might not always be logical, but at least mine were on time :rolleyes::D

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

mmmm sounds very er yummie?? lol i used to have recuring dreams of the room getting nearer then further away but it did it realy quickly actualy come to think of it not sure if i was actual asleep??? do you have a phobia about alarm clocks???? ;)

hope you've relieved yourself, coz you gonna s**t !

dreams might not always be logical, but at least mine were on time

G-R-O-A-N!!!!!!!!

My dream was urgently needing help and trying to use the old-style rotary phone. The number kept changing positions on the dial.... :o:o

I think I read once its because when you are a sleep the connection between the motor section in your brain and your legs / arms etc doesnt work (so you dont actually run in your sleep)

Dan

Edited by Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I once had a variation of the classic chase dream. I recall being chased down a dark ally by someone or something really nasty and discovering that it was a dead end. I put my back to the wall at the end so that I could dodge left or right as the bad thing came and discovered that I was stuck to it and that no matter how much I pulled or thrashed I couldn't get off it. At that moment, the bad thing caught up with me and was rearing up for the final strike when I woke up still strugging to get off the wall.

The transition from dream to waking was seamless and the panic was there because gravity was of couse holding me stuck to the wall/bed and I couldn't get off.

I would have been about 12 at the time and it's still fresh in my mind.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

I have quite a lot of really graphic and disturbing nightmares and/or I often have a 'limbo' period between sleep and consciousness where everything seems really surreal, nonsensical or positively terrifying. When the 'limbo' thing happens, I may become semi-aware of my surroundings, which complicates matters because I still appear to be dreaming deeply except I now have a semi-aware outsider's perspective of what's happening in my dream. Occasionally, I've been 'conscious' enough to alter the path of the dream, usually to it's detriment. I think my brain comes up with far more unusual scenarios than I could.

My dreams don't bother me one bit. I might on occasion wake up and think,

"Thank feck that's over" but I don't get nippy or analytical about it.

Anyone know the kind of state I mean?..... :blink:

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...