Rod Licence

bill1980

I have bought a rod licence for the year but I have recently lost it. I didn't write the actual rod licence number down.

I have contacted the enviroment agency and they have said that it will cost £5 for a replacement.

Could I still be prosecuted if I didn't produce a licence to a baliff? I have legally paid for the year and when they check their systems I will be on there.

I cant see how they could prosecute me for no licence when I have already paid.

I know its only a fiver but there is no point of throwing money away if I dont need to, especially at this time of year

thanks

I'm not condoning it Bill, but they will easily find out you have a valid license on their system.

I think nowadays the license is just visual proof you have paid your dues, it also helps the bailiff do his checks easier and more quickly. Technically you don't need to have your license with you. It saves time and possible hassle if you do have it though.

I get my license every year and along with the number is the advice to make a note of the number. Got to admit I very rarely do!

Also this years license is different to last and previous years in the way that it does not have the tear off strip bearing your license number. I think it's a bad change, I used to tear it off and fix to the noticeboard at home for future reference if required.

most years i lose my license, this year i washed it in the pocket of my jeans. i never worry though, as i can prove who i am, my address and tell them where and when the license was bought. i'm certainly not coughing up another fiver!

Why not go to the post office where you bought it and explain your situation to them.

If they are a small office then they wont have sold that many books and if you can show then some ID and tell them what month you bought your licence then it should'nt be too difficult to get your licence number off the counterfoil.

Keep the counterfoil number with you when you go fishing and you will be OK

I thought with this new system i would be able to pop into the post office, give my name and they would print one off for me. Shows how much I know:). What benifits does this new system offer? Doesnt seem worth it. Bet it cost a fortune to set up.

I used to do the same, tear off the strip and keep it in a safe place.

At least I have got piece of mind now when I go fishing

Thanks

Taken from the back of current licence.

Your licence must be produced on demand to a water bailiff of the Agency who produces

his or her warrant ,a police officer, or any other licence holder who produces his or her licence.

Failure to to do so is an offence and may make you liable to proscecution.

Always carry your licence with you.

A wise man learns by a fools mistakes, a fool by his own

Dunno if it could help in the future, but if you buy your licence online you can print out the details and carry them around until the real thing arrives in the post.

I'd guess (but only guess) that this would probably get you out of any scrapes. It would be a very strict bailiff that called you on the issue, especially if you have other good i.d. about your person.

cheers

Edited by GlennB

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

I think they would really struggle at court to get a succesfull prosecution just because you have failed to produce a licence. There is no seperate law for failing to produce. The only law I am aware of is fishing with NO licence.

The court would see that you have paid and then tell the enviroment agency to stop waisting their time

In over 16 years of fishing, I've only ever been asked for my licence twice!

Quite so, once in the last ten years for me, even so if I didn't have it with me I'd be looking over my shoulder all day :unsure::unsure:

Just to be on the safe side, I now scan the license when it arrives and print another copy. Don't know how much use this is, but it makes me feel happier :rolleyes::rolleyes:

As no man is born an artist, so no man is born an angler. Izaac Walton