New Gear

carpman2005

Hi guys

Im looking into getting some new gear because mines not very good.

In my local angling shop they have Wychwood Rogue rods. They are £50 each and come with a free baitrunner. Are these rods any good? My mate rekons if i say to him i will give you £50 and a bit more if i can get better reels because he thinks they will probably not be that good.

I want a pair of rods, i dont want to spend too much. I also need to get a rod pod, 2 new bite alarms, a bag and a chair

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I use the Wychwood Rogue rods and have found them to be great! They've coped with fish to 16lb so far and are a joy to use. I use Shimano 6000 GTE B's with them now, but I used to use the baitrunners that came with them and they were fine too.

As for bite alarms if you're going by a budget you can't go wrong with Fox Micron M's in my opinion

:)

Dan

Thanks dan.

Ive just worked out how much all my gear will cost, most from Harrisons Tackle.

Rods + Reels (x2) Wychwood Rogues £100

Bite Alarms Fox Micron M £21.99

Rod Pod Fox A-Pod £33.99

Rear pod rests (x3) Fox Duo Grip Rear Rest £5.98

Bag (Fox) from local angling shop £25

Overall thats roughly £190 for all of it.

Do harrisons charge postage?

Edited by carpman2005

I'm not so sure the Fox 'A' Pod is a good deal.

It's extremely basic - non-extendable for a start, and clumsy to set up by comaprison with other budget pods. As with any pod, you can only point the rod dead ahead - what if you want to cast at an angle? It leads to inefficient bite registration on bite alarms.

Why not use 4 or 6 bank sticks? At least you can point the rods in the direction and save yourself a lot of money

This is a signature, there are many signatures like it but this one is mine