Fi Shing Licence..

solaris

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Guys

Just got back into sea fishing htough want to get into coarse fishing.

But i hear that i need a licience where do i get this fromand what does it mean?

Can i fish any river. in the uk?

You need two things: a rod licence and the permission of whoever owns the fishing rights.

Rod licence info here:

http://www.postoffice.co.uk/portal/po/cont...&catId=19100187

Permission will usually be obtained by joining a club, usually 30-40 quid per annum, or by buying a day ticket. Some stretches are free, most of the good ones aren't.

solaris, your rod licence, which you can buy online from here:

http://www.environment-agency.gov.uk/subje...399730/?lang=_e

doesn't mean that you can fish any river (only stretches that are designated "town water" or free fishing). Most river fishing is going to be available by either buying a day ticket or by joining a club. Where in the country are you hoping to fish?

Best thing is to get your rod license first either from the post office or online from the EA as mentioned by Davy.

Next step, pop into your local tackle shop and ask who owns the right to certain stretches of local rivers. Also ask about the free stretches and their whereabouts.

There maybe a few clubs in your area, ask how much the yearbooks are and decide which club would benefit you most. That's not to say you cannot hold a few club books, many anglers do.

Hope it helps. :)

If you only intend fishing a couple of times before April 1st, buy day licences instead of the full one, you'll save yourself a lot of money that way....

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Hi Guys

Just got back into sea fishing htough want to get into coarse fishing.

But i hear that i need a licience where do i get this fromand what does it mean?

Can i fish any river. in the uk?

I use my seafishing licence for my freshwater fishing to :D

Tigger.

I use my seafishing licence for my freshwater fishing to. Tigger.
So you don't bother with a rod license then?
" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

So you don't bother with a rod license then?

Hi Newt,

I totally disagree with the uk's rod license as i think it's just another way of obtaining easy money from the man in the street and lining the fat cats pockets. At the end of the day we pay water rates which is supposed to go to the upkeep of Britains waterways etc. I have'nt got a problem with paying any club for the privalage to fish their waters.

Even if you dig a pond on your own ground let rainwater fill it up and put your own fish in it the bastar*s want you to have a rod lisence. I mean it's not like a fishing rod's a dangerous weapon or anything is it?, your not exactly gonna go into a bank point a fishing rod at the banker and say this is a stick up.

I remember when you did'nt need a rod lisence and paid the club or the owner of the waters for the privelage to fish and then some smart t*at had a brain wave and thought of yet another way to bleed your law obideing citizen.

To be honest up to now i've never had a rod lisence but with things being as they are i'll probably get one next year just to save me from getting porrige by giving a waterboard official a beating. I was once fishing on the river ribble and had paid the farmer to fish on his stretch of it when some water board plonkers walked up behind me and my friend demanding to see our rod lisence's in a realy aggressive manour. My friend had one but i didn't as i thought if it was a private stretch you did'nt need one. Anyway they just said if they saw me again and i had'nt got a lisence that they would radio the police and i would be fined and my tackle would be confiscated! I was pretty annoyed at their statement and ignorant attitude and if they had'nt made a sharp exit then i reckon i would have probly lost it and to be honest i don't want any more porrige if i can help it.

Sorry about the rant Newt but i find the rod lisence a bad joke. It's getting that way in the uk your gonna need a lisence to fart in the near future.

Cheers

Tigger.

Aside from any right-or-wrong of the whole rod license issue, I think that given the fairly low cost of the rod license and the potential high cost of not having one, I'd opt to have one.

Aside from the potential problems of not having a license, my understanding was that the money was used in such a way as to improve angling conditions. I may have that wrong but if it really is, I'd have to say I'd favor buying a rod license. My situation in the US is like that and fishing license money is used by our Game & Fish Commission in ways that I approve of.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President