Not Strictly Fishing But

tugmistress

If you go to a floatation suit two more steps to take are a homing beacon and a good visual aid.

When diving I carried a two metre fluorescent yellow sausage shape balloon which was rolledup into a small velcroes strap.

Very easy to inflate and very visible to those searching for you.

Mind you in weather conditions now even in a full survival suit your time in the water is very short if your going to survive.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At this time of year and in the very scant circumstances that we know about I very much doubt a survival suit would have made a blind bit of difference. But one can never be sure.

However people do take risks when sometimes it means putting food on the table and I think one has to really question the wisdom of going out on a small boat alone - At least if there are two on a boat and one is washed over then the other person could be in a position to bring the boat to the casualty. Go over alone and your chances are far more limited. But it is always easy to look at these situations in hindsight.

toerag, that's exactly what i think considering some information i have been given off the record. second one i know about within two years to go like this :(

i just hope these seas wash him up so the family can bury him rather than wash him away :(

my point exactly!

its the not knowing thats the nasty bit! just knowing a friend or relative is out ther some wre all ways hanging on to the hope that they will turn up alive on a beach! impossible surly but they will always cling to the hope! not healthy.

my point exactly!

its the not knowing thats the nasty bit! just knowing a friend or relative is out ther some wre all ways hanging on to the hope that they will turn up alive on a beach! impossible surly but they will always cling to the hope! not healthy.

You are right geffaz, a family freind feel overboard on the ferry to ireland around 5-6 years ago he was only 22 and the body has never been found, his parents used to live right by the sea, they moved because they couldnt bear looking at it everyday wondering.

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

sheet yup? what does this mean?

or are you dislexic like me?

I supose you could be Scottish?Welsh

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!