A Carper's Ideal Christmas Gift?

Peter Waller

Excellent Peter! Im not gtoing to take the p1ss out of carpers camo anymore though as it dawned on me recently that all RealTree is is this decades black and if I had been born a decade or two later all my gear would now be camo! Dont know if I would have gone the whole way and had a tv though regardless of colour!

Edited by BUDGIE

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dear Peter,

Whats the perfect Christmas present for a carp angler?

A set of barbel fishing tackle of course. Same pressie for pike anglers.

Well, they've got to learn how to catch proper fish sooner or later??

Regards,

Lee.

And catch them in real weather (not hiding from it and the world and 'the wife' in a bivvie, with wiring and a TV on some outfit's dinky little table etc), in swims that THEY themselves have found and figured (not cadged / ripped-off from others, or merely been directed to or read about), having begun at the beginning with an unknown water before them and something as dauntingly simple as a single FLOAT (not a heap of lead and a cats'cradle of silly, read-about rigs etc) first...

"What did you expect to see out of a Torquay hotel bedroom window? Sydney Opera House perhaps? The Hanging Gardens of Babylon? Herds of wildebeest sweeping majestically...?"

Basil Fawlty to the old bat, guest from hell, Mrs Richards.

luv the camo invasion! lol or even the hi tech one! on another forum ther was a competant carper bragging about his dvd player even taking pics at a social!

i thought i went fishing to get away from it!

wots wrong with these peaple with ther tvs in bivvys! just go home!

one reason why im disalusioned with carping arfter 5 years!

just seems a big comp to who is the biggest prick with the most money!

i thought i went fishing to get away from it!

Then do that, mate, and let others do what they want to do, rather than berating them for not doing things your way.

Some of you anti-carpers are joyless nurks and no mistake. :rolleyes:

I don't do the TV or DVD thing, but I take a book and my little radio on overnight sessions because they make my stay on the bank more enjoyable. Sometimes - oh shock-horror-probe - I even take my laptop and get some work done in my favourite surroundings.

As I've said so many times before, fishing is my own world and I'll have what the hell I like in it. There are some on here who should allow others to do the same.

May all anglers always be allowed to enjoy their fishing their way, and let the joyless nurks tut-tut themselves into a queeny, self-righteous frenzy. :P

And on the eighth day God created carp fishing...and he saw that it was pukka.