Young Lad Fishing Robbed At Knifepoint

Leon Roskilly

Young 'Podge', 17, a keen local angler since he was a kid, was fishing from Gillingham Pier in Gillingham, Kent, when he was robbed at knifepoint and all of his tackle was stolen.

(His cousin who he had been fishing with had only just left him after a friend had come to say that his father had been rushed to hospital)

His mum said that the incident has left him badly shaken.

His rods were bought with money previously donated to him when he almost died after being sprayed with petrol and set alight by youths several years ago. (See http://www.givetheladachance.co.uk/index.htm )

Tight Lines - leon

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Young 'Podge', 17, a keen local angler since he was a kid, was fishing from Sun Pier in Chatham when he was robbed at knifepoint and all of his tackle was stolen.

Whoever did that, needs help!

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Guest Feels like Winter to me

What sort of a world do we live in?? I'm horrified. It's so far beyond belief I have to ask if this is true Leon?? If so shouldnt we all chip in and buy the kid some more gear ???

What sort of a world do we live in?? I'm horrified. It's so far beyond belief I have to ask if this is true Leon?? If so shouldnt we all chip in and buy the kid some more gear ???

er, pretty usual around here!

I've met Podge when I've been mulleting at Gillingham Pier, he seemed to be a youngster very enthusiatic about his fishing.

The full story from the local paper has been posted on the Total Fishing forum at:

http://www.total-fishing.com/SeaForum.asp?...9BC49BE5&Page=1

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member

I am too saddened for anger. Notice that the police have arrested someone - he's out on bail.

I'd suggest that local anglers will come forward to help but this is a good opportunity for the tackle manufacturers to sponsor the lad.

Podge should be angling with top-rate tackle - come on people, who's going to be the first to do it and win our admiration?

Edited by habilis

In the last couple of weeks I had some repairs to do for ColinK. One of his beachcasters had been previously damaged so to allow Colin to fish that weekend I got him a new penn surfblaster from Penn Europe direct whilst we were waiting on a new Conolfex blank to be delivered. Last I heard Colin was going to try and flog the penn on some forums to re-coup some of the pennies I had laid out. Considering the amount of test rods I go through in a year , (and assuming Colin aint flogged it yet, I`ll PM him) I can cover the Penn without re-imbursement, so the young lad is more than welcome to the Penn when Colins` new Anubis is ready (week or so). Best of my knowledge the Penn has only been used once or twice by Colin.

B######s should be strung up by the ****s, bet they were mob handed as most of these tossers aint got the guts to try it on their own.

Hope this helps.

:angry: I'm normally "Mr mild mannered" but this sort of thing really brings out the vigilante in me - like to hunt down the gits and rip their heads off :angry: .

But I guess the reaction from you guys offering help is right way to go - well done :D .

DON'T PANIC

Might be worth calling the local tackle shop, the Anglers' Den in Gilligham 01634 852180 and talking to Eric.

He will probably have details of where to send any stuff etc

TL - leon

RNLI Shoreline Member