Young Lad Fishing Robbed At Knifepoint

Leon Roskilly

Couldn't Penn donate that rod Stan? They wouldn't even miss it.

Since Alan Caulfield (the MD of Penn) was killed in a car crash a few years ago it aint the same Penn. I dealt with Alan for many years but now it has been taken over by his son and he`s a bit more hard nosed than Alan.

Penn does`nt need to donate it anyway as I`m donating it (possibly I worded things wrongly). If for some reason Colin has flogged it already (I pm`d him a few minutes ago) then I`m happy to have a word with Conolfex and custom build him one, may take three or four weeks but that`s christmas deliveries, cant do much about it.

Stan

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just a terrible story, what an unfortunate little lad!! id be more than happy to put some money forward to get the lad some new tackle, can we do anything through the forum??

"Colonel Gadaffi, knows more about fishing than the whole of westminster put together"

Alex Salmond 2004 SNP Leader

"Forza Dons"

Guest Feels like Winter to me
This is just a terrible story, what an unfortunate little lad!! id be more than happy to put some money forward to get the lad some new tackle, can we do anything through the forum??

Well if not there is a donations page on his website, but it would be nice to get him something from anglersnet.

Unfortunately we have been here before - a search on the Freshwater Forum will bring up the thread entitled "Scum" by Leon

There was a happy ending to that, as the local tackle dealers, the local angling club and many AN members (coordinated by Gerry Castle - "argyll") chipped in with replacement tackle.

I took the lad out for a days fishing to get his confidence back (See Wills Day Out - on the freshwater thread), and that had a happy ending too - Will got a specimen roach of 2 lb 4 oz.

By coincidence I am due to take Will pike fishing soon - he has the makings of a very good angler.

I'm sure the sea members will prove just as generous and supportive to "Podge" as our freshwater members were to Will. I'm just about to leave for some fishing abroad until next year, so I will have to leave it to someone else this time.

Unless something positive, and soon, is done about lawlessness, we are going to see vigilante groups and lynch law operate in this country.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Since Alan Caulfield (the MD of Penn) was killed in a car crash a few years ago it aint the same Penn. I dealt with Alan for many years but now it has been taken over by his son and he`s a bit more hard nosed than Alan.

Penn does`nt need to donate it anyway as I`m donating it (possibly I worded things wrongly). If for some reason Colin has flogged it already (I pm`d him a few minutes ago) then I`m happy to have a word with Conolfex and custom build him one, may take three or four weeks but that`s christmas deliveries, cant do much about it.

Stan

Stan A very Generous offer mate, well done. If in anyway you end up out of pocket I would be happy to contribute in anyway.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Stan A very Generous offer mate, well done. If in anyway you end up out of pocket I would be happy to contribute in anyway.

Matt

Matt,

thanks mate but no need. May be old fashioned but it aint out of pocket if you can give a tiny bit of help along the way. I`m perfectly happy that HM inland revenue will accept things as "testing" and if they don`t hard s##t on them. Too much is aimed at profit nowadays and not enough at service and giving a little back. I aint no saint but it just pisses me off that a youngster who goes fishing rather than taking drugs, getting drunk or generally causing mayhem can have his gear nicked in this manner. I go through loads of blanks a year for tests etc. a lot of these tests I make money on in the long run but that is not the only purpose in life. Earlier this year we had a scare with "she who must be obeyed" which thankfully turned out OK. Things like that make you think. Cash is fine at a checkout but it`s not the by all and end all.

Stan.

PS. how`s that yankee Lamar reel fitting holding up??????????

Well if not there is a donations page on his website, but it would be nice to get him something from anglersnet.

:D As the rod's already sorted, I'll donate a reel, line, hooks etc, just let me know if it's a multiplier, with or without levelwind, or F/S, L/H or R/H. :rolleyes:

Matt,

thanks mate but no need. May be old fashioned but it aint out of pocket if you can give a tiny bit of help along the way. I`m perfectly happy that HM inland revenue will accept things as "testing" and if they don`t hard s##t on them. Too much is aimed at profit nowadays and not enough at service and giving a little back. I aint no saint but it just pisses me off that a youngster who goes fishing rather than taking drugs, getting drunk or generally causing mayhem can have his gear nicked in this manner. I go through loads of blanks a year for tests etc. a lot of these tests I make money on in the long run but that is not the only purpose in life. Earlier this year we had a scare with "she who must be obeyed" which thankfully turned out OK. Things like that make you think. Cash is fine at a checkout but it`s not the by all and end all.

Stan.

PS. how`s that yankee Lamar reel fitting holding up??????????

The reel seats great stan, holds the reel very well. If we get an address sorted I'll send some veals vouchers.

Matt

women love me, fish fear me!!

http://www.alba-rods.co.uk

Riverside Tackle SAC

Young 'Podge', 17, a keen local angler since he was a kid, was fishing from Gillingham Pier in Gillingham, Kent, when he was robbed at knifepoint and all of his tackle was stolen.

(His cousin who he had been fishing with had only just left him after a friend had come to say that his father had been rushed to hospital)

His mum said that the incident has left him badly shaken.

His rods were bought with money previously donated to him when he almost died after being sprayed with petrol and set alight by youths several years ago. (See http://www.givetheladachance.co.uk/index.htm )

Tight Lines - leon

Hi Cousin,

What a shameful state of affairs!

I've heard of people being tricked in to returning to their cars to find all their tackle gone when they found out they have been "conned", but to be robbed at knife point, is unbelievable.

Please send "Podge my condolences for his lost tackle(I hope it was insured), and tell him that us "Old Sods" over here in Essex, decided that was unsafe to fish at night over here in Essex some years ago.

What is the world coming to, I thought it was quite a quiet back water down your neck of the woods.

Hi Cousin,

What a shameful state of affairs!

I've heard of people being tricked in to returning to their cars to find all their tackle gone when they found out they have been "conned", but to be robbed at knife point, is unbelievable.

Please send "Podge my condolences for his lost tackle(I hope it was insured), and tell him that us "Old Sods" over here in Essex, decided that was unsafe to fish at night over here in Essex some years ago.

What is the world coming to, I thought it was quite a quiet back water down your neck of the woods.

I guarantee you all that in thirty years time, there will be vigilantes doing the rounds, Think I'll be well gone by then but if I can sort the rabble out from above (or below :D ) they better watch out. :angry: