New to forum

Fastd

Hi guys,

Came across this last night after googling ray fishing in scotland. Somehow I eneded up on a thread called "norrie got a new boat".

Read every word ...and those who followed it will know outcome...i ended up screaming at screen.."U have gps set to kph"...but u cant post till admin says so...

Looks like a great forum...and i hope to read morre as time goes on.

I live in the ne uk ...own a boat which i bought last sept just as weather turned bad and love to go out as often as possible...but the species u catch in ne are pretty limited. This was the reason for the google search...i have never caught a dogfish,ray,smoothie or tope and was looking to travel further afield to fullfill some lifelong ambitions.

if anyone got any advice on the where/how to help me further my fishing experience..or if Norrie would let me try keep up with him on an outing :D i would be happy to make up the numbers :)

Cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lsd , tope all available in sw scotalnd some smoothies too!

Welcome aboard ti s a great place to be when not fishing

Andrew

member of Save our Sharks

SOS

SACN member

it's the taking part that counts!

@==---¬--¬--¬------<(')))>< angling classics

Its embarassing in some ways to say i never caught a doggy ...but we dont get em here in ne ...or at least they rare.

So this year i decided i am prepared to travel and experience other areas...

kind of " have boat and fuel card"...but scrabster is a bit too far!

I would like to join a AN group fish in ...but obviously my intrest is in boat trips.Or perhaphs a get together where different crew each day :)

One of the most daunting things about travelling out of the area u know is to spend most of your available time sorting launching and trying to discover where to fish, with the possibility of spend two or three days wasting your time and money.

I hope this is where other forum members can help, and any help advice or offers of local experience would be gratly appreciated.

From what i seen so far i should post pic of boat...now as a total forum noob ... till i work that bit out ...it can be described as white ..with a largish noisy thing at back and loadsa electrical stuff up front. It reverses well and catches fish ..

will post pic when i sort it out :)

cheers

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Hi Davey

quote:

doggies and ray's we can do
we need to speak more cos i just read your web site :) .

I have the hardware and the motivation ...all i need is the knowhow

would love to chat more on the skate :):)

Dave.

ps ...pls ecuse my spelling cos i am using a laptop and own a parrot ...this means i have no " " key ..the letter after w in aphabet...and reponse of the rest of keys does depend on the solidity of the parrot sh*te

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org