Need A Beachcaster

john1961

having over spent on a reel and other gear can any one recomend a beachcaster for around £50. i got a super mag 525 so somthing to compliment it would be good. i dont know the diffrence between a fixed spool rod and a multi one.

having over spent on a reel and other gear can any one recomend a beachcaster for around £50. i got a super mag 525 so somthing to compliment it would be good. i dont know the diffrence between a fixed spool rod and a multi one.

:D Try the Shakespeare range for about £50 you can get a reasonable new rod, or look out for a secondhand Supercast or similar. :rolleyes:

John, I dont` do a lot of beach work so can`t comment on a particular rod. I do, however, know a tad about rods. The main difference between a fixed spool rod and a multiplier rod is the number of guides and the guide spacing. On a multiplier there are more guides, normally say 8 - 10 depends on rod length, the purpose being the guides face upwards when casting or winding in so they are spaced closer to keep the line above the blank.

On a fixed spool rod the guides during casting and retrieving are facing down so they can be fewer, say 5 - 7, again dpending on rod length.

Hope that aint confused you.

Stan.

John, I dont` do a lot of beach work so can`t comment on a particular rod. I do, however, know a tad about rods. The main difference between a fixed spool rod and a multiplier rod is the number of guides and the guide spacing. On a multiplier there are more guides, normally say 8 - 10 depends on rod length, the purpose being the guides face upwards when casting or winding in so they are spaced closer to keep the line above the blank.

On a fixed spool rod the guides during casting and retrieving are facing down so they can be fewer, say 5 - 7, again dpending on rod length.

Hope that aint confused you.

Stan.

thank you for that stan i know what you mean

You won't get a new rod to balance the reel you've already got for £50. Somebody else said look for a secondhand supercast, great rod. I just sold a pair for £100, you should be able to find a multiplier version easier than a fixed spool and get one for around £50.

To be honest with you john1961, there isn't a rod on the market at that price to compliment your reel. I would keep the reel (it is the dogs doodas) and wait until you have enough dosh to get a half decent rod. You will probably be looking at spending around £150.

Hope this helps.

the diawa longbeam is a great rod and available in both reel versions ,i cant fault it ,its very good on small bites ,i prefer it to my 14footer and infact can outcast it as the diawa seems to be more responsive.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Don't forget the ABU range .. some decent rods among them .. and it might be possible to pick up a decent 2nd hand one pretty cheap !! :):)

The Older I get .. The better I was.