Ebay Scam

kirkby john

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HI all.

Well thanks for your advice, Dave and others, I have been told today that I will get my money back.

The full story: I wrote to the address I had been given (in Neath) and gave them 1 week to return the money or contact me then it was to be the police. Today I got a call from the person who I shall call Ceri. The scam worked by a low life recruiting a third party ( Ceri ) to collect money and forward it. It broke down because the third party did not know his name and address would be put on Ebay, when the postal orders started to arrive he called his cousin in the police.

I was given a name in Port Talbot CID who I rang and he confirmed the details. The scammer had hijacked an account, feedback etc, set up a bank transfer to Eastern Europe and recruited a patsy to act as collector for POs. Ebay have told the police they are" investigating ".

The police have told Ceri he will have to post all the POs by registered mail and make good any money that goes missing, when he protested and asked why he had to pay the DC told him " because you've been bloody stupid, that's why "

So all's well etc, however I will be much more careful in future. Meanwhile I have just bought my raptor from a respectable source for 49.99 ! ( PMs for details if anyone's interested )

Cheers

John :)

i'm glad its working out to your benefit ,unfortunatly theres been a spate of supposedly emails from ebay telling the recipients their accounts have been highjacked and to re-enter their details to prove THEY are the account holders ,ofcourse it isnt ebay its Sergei or whoever highjacking them ,and believe me it IS convincing and plausable (no i didnt) :o

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson