Cheaper Ferries To Ireland?

david t

Hello,

Booking a pike trip to ireland for next year, looked at ferry prices from pembroke/holyhead to dublin return and its too near to £250 for my liking! Anyone got any tips on bringing the cost down, other than swimming across.

Thanks for any help, my wallet needs it.

dave.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

Booking a pike trip to ireland for next year, looked at ferry prices from pembroke/holyhead to dublin return and its too near to £250 for my liking! Anyone got any tips on bringing the cost down, other than swimming across.

dave.

Interested here, too!. Checked it out last year and going on foot+carhire vs. car on the ferry(Swansea) were both horrifically expensive.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Glenn B, what was the cheapest you could find? Im going with ferry and car, as a weeks hire car could work out to cost more than the difference saved by going ferry only. Im looking at a 2 passenger ticket.

£250 is alot considering your only on the ferry for a few hours each way, blooming expensive few hours.

This might seem like a daft question, but do you need a passport for republic of ireland, as its an EU country? i dont do any foriegn travelling you see.

Thanks, dave.

Glenn B, what was the cheapest you could find?

Can't remember, to be honest. As I recall it was a toss-up between a long expensive ferry trip from Swansea to Cork or a huge drive to Fishguard and then ferry to Rosslare or something.

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Hello,

dave.

If you go before the holiday season starts or when it's finished you'll find it cheaper. A bunch of my mates went last month for a weeek and it cost them 150 nicker return. It's also cheaper if you travell on a week day and at night.

Your better off phoneing them and asking when the holiday season starts/finishes and then phone them a couple of weeks before you plan on going and ask about any special offers.

Tigger.

BTW that was from Holyhead.

Edited by tigger

another thought have you considered flying then hire a car over there

some cheap flights to dublin

i know some one that went for £17.00 one way for a long weekend (not fishing)

just one link fly but look at the prices

les

Edited by les middy

Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.

The difference between light and hard is that you can sleep with a light on.

It isn't even as if you get good accommodation for your money. I went on the Swansea to Cork ferry a couple of years ago, and it struck me like being on a floating version of a 1960s motorway service station (food as well as decor).

Have you priced ferries from Stranraer to Belfast ?? Went over in the summer for a day trip. There was an organised bus trip at the other end which took us to the Mountains of Mourne.The Silent Valley and Newcastle. Total cost per person £27. :D

May be worth a look at their website ;)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy