Beachcaster Info

toffeeman

Hi everyone, a couple of years ago when I started sea fishing I bought a rod & reel combo for about £40, it has served me well but I think it's about time I upgraded now. I have purchased a new reel & now I'm on the lookout for a new rod.I was recommended the shakespeare odessa f/s for its casting(tongue in cheek) and its bite detection but have had great difficulty finding one(have seen them on e-bay,but only in rod & reel deals).Could any of you gents offer any recommendations, obviously there are hundreds of them but I'm afraid the zziplex,greys etc are out of my price range, medium price range(whatever that is).thanks for reading this chaps,hope someone can help.kind regards ray (toffeeman)

i went to buy a greys orion but poindexters were out of stock so i came away with an abu conolon r.r.p. £160 but got it for £130. that must have been 2 years ago & its still one of my favorite rods. consistant 100yds with 4oz & 3 feathers.

the other guys will have a go at me for mentioning this one ( they slagged it off big time last time ! :huh: ) but my other fave rod is a fladen powerstick, cost £11, i use it mainly as a spinning rod, for a little rod it goes a long way, paced it at 76 yds with a 2oz weight on. the others moaned about the rings rusting out & i have had to replace the tip ring, but hey, i'm still using it after 5 years.

Hi everyone, a couple of years ago when I started sea fishing I bought a rod & reel combo for about £40, it has served me well but I think it's about time I upgraded now. I have purchased a new reel & now I'm on the lookout for a new rod.I was recommended the shakespeare odessa f/s for its casting(tongue in cheek) and its bite detection but have had great difficulty finding one(have seen them on e-bay,but only in rod & reel deals).Could any of you gents offer any recommendations, obviously there are hundreds of them but I'm afraid the zziplex,greys etc are out of my price range, medium price range(whatever that is).thanks for reading this chaps,hope someone can help.kind regards ray (toffeeman)

The rod Stan4massey loaned me a couple of weeks back was a very nice rod for beach fishing good bite detection forgiving action and looked nice too. It was a Penn Guvnor match and I think they are reasonably priced.

quote Colin K:

The rod Stan4massey loaned me a couple of weeks back was a very nice rod for beach fishing good bite detection forgiving action and looked nice too. It was a Penn Guvnor match and I think they are reasonably priced.

Colin, I think the RRp on that one is around the 150 -180 mark depending on where you buy it. When I was at Penn David said a £200 rod but that`s mince.

Anyone heard what has happened to "Pudge" or was that some sort of wind up (not in good taste if it was)

Stan.