Yet More Pike!

Peter Waller

Did anyone see Dean Macey and Nige Williams after pike on Discovery? Come on Nige, those hooks on those mega lures, you can not be serious! Those were huge lures with huge hooks, are they really nescessary? I reckon that you must do some serious damage with those things.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see Dean Macey and Nige Williams after pike on Discovery? Come on Nige, those hooks on those mega lures, you can not be serious! Those were huge lures with huge hooks, are they really nescessary? I reckon that you must do some serious damage with those things.

I saw that although I have to admit.....I was very, very drunk.....

Don't say such stupid things! Peter you really should know better.

I'm sure none of you have gone out fishing for pike, aiming for something large and had some tiddly pike, perch zander or chub take your lure? It happens, get over it. The hook was in proportion to the spoon. If it had been in the maw of a 20lb pike it would have looked no larger than a size 16 in the mouth of a roach.

Tim

I think that we shall have to agree to differ, Tim.

Not so much the size of the hooks, coated hooks that don't easily rust away, but more the size of the lures.

I wasn't refering to the hooks on Dean's lure that he caught the 15 pounder on, but the humungous lures that Nige showed.

I watched the programme, I was surprised.

Edited by Peter Waller

I'm ashamed of you Tim. Fancy admiting to watching Nige Williams on TV!!!!!

It was quite entertaining really. I spent most of the program shouting at the idiots on it and laughing at Nige's "guiding" service. He was fishing exactly where he always fishes and on day 2 he moved about 30 yards upstream! All with a 50hp engine and a seagoing boat. Bet he even charges petrol on the 2 minute drive from launching to anchors down for the day!

Peter, I don't really remember the lures he showed, other than they all looked brand new out of the packet, just for telly. After all, he's not exactly known as a lure angler!

Edited by Tim Kelly

Tim

As you say, Tim, he's not known as a lure angler. But he is sponsored by Masterline who produce some really excellent lures, and some, in my honest opinion, absolute horrors. Reckon he should call on you or me to help him out.