New Digital Camera Help

Paul_D

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norrie

I have the earlier EOS 300D with the same focal length lenses and i am well pleased with the results so far, but I am having a few problems with the Sigma 50-500 DC lens as it does not interface with the flash function, not that I use it much.

I am also considering the Sigma 135-400mm APO lens for my Birdwatching stuff, Ive heard the lens is compatible.

Tony

Tony, I have heard only good things about this model,and after trying to take pics of feeding Minkhe Whales with a pocket digy camera (My Kodak) and getting nothing but swirls of water,I decided to "splash" out and get something decent. Therefore the Canon, I have a couple of film SLR's, but cant get my head round using them.....I am really looking forward to getting used to this one...as I love taking any camera on my travels....ask anyone that goes out fishing with me, pics of everything..... :D

Steve..Dont think so ...mibbes have one next year tho'...... ;)

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

Well, I received my Canon S2 the other day and very nice it looks too....trouble is everything's in French. I bought it from Pixmania.com without realising they're based in France so it's arrived with a French user manual.....A phonecall to their 'helpline' to try and get an English copy proved a waste of time despite having unwittingly paid to become a 'priority' member of their club with my order.

Oh well....guess I'll just have to try all the myriad of buttons and settings to see what they all do..... :blink:

Paul

Thanks for that Nick. I'd come across something similar offered by another chap on the net. I've got a, so far unanswered, email request submitted to them for a replacement manual. If that fails I'll buy one.

Cheers again.

Paul

Guest Finepix

All I can find is this company, which was via the canon website. It will set you back £12, but that includes the software (does that mean your software is also in French?).

Copies of Canon manuals are available from Robert Scott Associates. http://www.instructionbooks.co.uk/Canon%20...sdirectory.html

Or you can go into http://babelfish.altavista.com/ you may even learn a bit of the language along the way (and its free !!!).

:) Sorry I couldn't help anymore.

Thanks for that Finepix. It was the Robert Scott site I'd found too.for purchasing a manual. I did actually find a free manual that could be downloaded as a PDF file but it was massive and my networked work PC didn't like it when I started the download..... :D

I hadn't thought about the software.... :( I hadn't opened anything just in case they wanted the whole thing returning....that could also be a problem.

Thanks again

Paul

Guest Finepix

Hmmm, you could try ebay. I've already had a look and your specific one isn't there, but given time ......

Hope you find something. Saying that my User Manual is in English and I still can't understand it :lol:

I would think/hope that your software would be multi-language, if its not I'll try and get an english version for you. As for the manual, if you let me have the link, I'll download it and post it to you.

Steve

Is this the one?

PowerShot S2 IS Camera User Guide (PDF, 3.36 MB)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet