Ea Website.

Gaz51

What are your opinions of the Environment Agencies website.

I've just had a browse and to be honest found the Fishing section a bit dull. There's a bit of information contained within but a lot of it involves downloads.

I think it needs a rethink and a bit of an overhaul.

Any thoughts?

What are your opinions of the Environment Agencies website.

I've just had a browse and to be honest found the Fishing section a bit dull. There's a bit of information contained within but a lot of it involves downloads.

I think it needs a rethink and a bit of an overhaul.

Any thoughts?

They're all to busy spending everyones licence money on a christmass *iss up to be botherd with their website!

Tigger.

I've always found what I was looking for on it.

Out of interest, what would you like to see on it?

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

They're all to busy spending everyones licence money on a christmass *iss up to be botherd with their website!

Tigger.

Everyones money Tigger??? :)

I've always found what I was looking for on it.

TIGGER :lol:

Got to say that I work with the EA and I have the highest regard for them. Get shot of 'English Nature', double the licence fee and let them get on with the job in hand. I have every confidence in them.

Okay, so that wasn't the question! Errrr, the website informs rather than entertains, no probs.

I would like to see features explaining the work they are doing regionally to improve the waters and environment.

It would be good to see the fruits of the bailiffs labours also ie details of their license checking blitzes and what fines were given out to non license holding "so called" anglers.

Occasionally I receive their magazine through the post (very occasionally) though I tend to pick them up from the local tackle shop. As a government based body I have to say the magazine is quite informative and in no way dull and uninteresting. Why aren't some of the features seen in the magazine placed on their site too.

I don't dispute the site is a good source of information, the regional where to fish section however has to be downloaded which takes several minutes. I don't know why it cannot be readily accessible (maybe bandwidth?)

I have to say I find the EA site difficult to navigate. I can't always find stuff I know I have seen before at times. Not a user friendly site in my opinion, although there is a lot of useful stuff on it.

The reliance on downloading pdf versions of their paper publications is either laziness or cost driven - they have the publication as a file in some publishing format and all it takes is one click to turn it into a pdf, whereas a web page would require a little more work.

That's my take on it.

Dave

dlstsig.png