New Daiwa

nemofish2000

I don’t dispute the point. However, it’s a case of pot calling kettle, again. Individuals (well known or otherwise), have as much responsibility as any company. It irritates when solitary soldiers preach responsibilities to others when the cold reality is that we all have a collective responsibility to shoulder blame and work towards any brighter tomorrow.

And Norm, you’re deviating. You didn’t say sea anglers originally. You’ll no doubt find out the truth of things next month when you visit.

As charity should begin at home, I am sure if SAN were to follow the generous suggestion and donate a percentage, then others may follow suit.

S

:D I'm not deviating, as this is a sea angling site I would assume that unless I stated otherwise I would be refering to sea anglers. Were I refering to fluff chuckers and maggot drowners I would have said so.

Individual soldiers and collective responsibilty, both are equally important and you don't get the collective responsibility without the individual soldier leading the way, well, not often. As for donations, I'd willingly give a percentage of my small profits, if any, if SA, TSF and BFM all give the same percentage. There's a challenge for someone to take up. :rolleyes:

Edited by Norm B

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nemo

buy a penn 525 mag mate you wont go wrong with that bombproof build.

hope this gets this thread back on track :rolleyes:

Ha Ha Hatackle shop man told me that too :POnly took me 2 and a half months to crack the frame when it fell 2ft onto tarmac :P Penn are currently considering their position

Skippy

So many questions so little time....

Ha Ha Hatackle shop man told me that too :POnly took me 2 and a half months to crack the frame when it fell 2ft onto tarmac :P Penn are currently considering their position

"I demand to see the manager, this jar of pickle is broken"

"Really sir?"

"Yes, I dropped it on the way out of the shop and it broke..."

"Riiiiiight"

No Norm the offer was yours as was your laudable willingness to put forward monies. Being a gentlemean though I'll write a cheque if you will. I'll even give up the story for SAN to run it.

:D I think someone is twisting and turning a bit, now who's deviating? I suggested a percentage of gross sales, the SAN is free so a percentage of my sales would be zilch.

Although I would be prepared to give a percentage of profits, if any, if the others agreed to pay the same percentage. They make a fortune out of sea angling, I don't, my profits are ploughed back into producing and delivering more papers and giving FREE space to angling organisations like BASS. Give up what story? Is someone hiding behind a nom-de-plume? :rolleyes:

Edited by Norm B

Norm, I am who I am and I’ve never hidden as you well know. Equally, I don’t actively court attention, or play the sea angling crusader via any vehicle or platform, hence the reason for maintaining a small measure of privacy. Now you are on the verbal back-foot. Why? You banged the drum for individual leadership, which is fine. But you are also the one twisting your own statements with a weak play on words. You said ‘profits’ in the first instance not ‘sales’…it ain’t my fudge. The gauntlet was of your laying in the offer to put up, but you are also now nervously looking for a get-out.

If you have the metal to do what you said then I - an individual - will match your donation. And I’m sure there’s a small interest story in there.

As an average everyday angler, who does a great job putting out SAN and making it available to anglers at no cost, I like you Norm. But here it really is a case of put up or do the other.

In Nomine Satanas

Maybe it's worth pointing out Norm, that Daiwa's salesmen and managers and MD are all anglers.

And Stavey, how do you know what they might, or might not, want to do? As far as I know they haven't got round to producing crystal balls yet.

I dont blo*dy know what they want to do they have not said or done jack as far as i know about fish conservation or given any backing to any organization like the nfsa etc, thats why i aked norm!

One thing is for sure they want our money for some of their over hyped crap! a lot of these companies put out and call fishing tackle knocked up in a barbaric country where a human life is valued as much as a tick turd........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly