New Daiwa

nemofish2000

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Norm B @ Dec 19 2005, 12:17 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

:D But that is incorrect. If there were more fish and better fish, more anglers would go fishing more often and we could attract more anglers into the sport. In that scenario they would sell more tackle to the new anglers and to anglers wanting to upgrade their present tackle. It's not just Daiwa, unlike America, tackle companies here don't seem to appreciate that improved fishing would lead to increased sales. Once it takes off I'm sure they will catch on, excuse the pun. :rolleyes:

so why dont they want to do something to help then norm? surely not because they can not be arsed like a lot of anglers

:D I 'm sure it's not that they don't want to help, it's because they probably don't understand what's involved. What you have to appreciate is, most salesmen or MD's are not anglers or conservationist, they are accountants. Therein lies the problem, they need to make a profit for their shareholders but they can't see that a small investment in supporting the BMP, the SACN or NFSA is an investment in the future of the tackle trade. Give a small percentage of your sales to, say, the NFSA or BASS, then they can lobby for improvements for RSA. I do talk to some of them but it's often over their heads or the shareholders wouldn't wear it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's worth pointing out Norm, that Daiwa's salesmen and managers and MD are all anglers.

And Stavey, how do you know what they might, or might not, want to do? As far as I know they haven't got round to producing crystal balls yet.

:D They may well be anglers, I know some are but are they all 'sea anglers'? The freshwater guys, both game and coarse, have the EA to look after their stocks and waters, not Defra. Also I don't think any salesman is going to talk politics with his boss and shareholders. I'd be pleased to announce it if any tackle company says it is going to donate, say, 1% of it's gross income to the NFSA, BASS or SACN. :rolleyes:

Guest Feels like Winter to me

There is a good point being made though Diabolis. There is a lot of people make a lot of Money out of the angling industry. Manufacturers, shopkeepers and even TV celebreties. I dont see many if infact any of them trying to do anything about the state of our seas. They have more influence than us and should be utilising it.

I don’t dispute the point. However, it’s a case of pot calling kettle, again. Individuals (well known or otherwise), have as much responsibility as any company. It irritates when solitary soldiers preach responsibilities to others when the cold reality is that we all have a collective responsibility to shoulder blame and work towards any brighter tomorrow.

And Norm, you’re deviating. You didn’t say sea anglers originally. You’ll no doubt find out the truth of things next month when you visit.

As charity should begin at home, I am sure if SAN were to follow the generous suggestion and donate a percentage, then others may follow suit.

S

In Nomine Satanas

Guest Feels like Winter to me

Point taken.

THere was a time when the sea angler mag attempted the conservation thing on the cod front. Quite possibly they tried to get people onboard at the wrong time because cod fishing wasnt bad at that time so lots of people thought why bother write to defra???. Perhaps its time they tried again?

i dont think most tackle companies care about much other than profit,which is fair enough they arent charities,but just lately ive begun to think some of the crap they hype up isnt up to scratch infact its downright trash.rods snapping,jackets p*****g water in,zips lasting 5 minutes,waders u/s after 2 month.the list goes on and some of it sold by companies at the top end of prices.

It’s a fact of life that profit is always going to be a big sway. I agree with your take on the glut of poor quality product out there. I would be accused of bias if I were to give my real no holds barred opinion, so I'll stop short. Regarding rods though, I will say the vast majority of poor quality/maximum profit gear comes from the Far East. So, pay peanuts and buy Chinese or pseudo-Chinese if quality/reliability/longevity is not something that you look for.

In Nomine Satanas