How big?

King Paddy

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it looked French.

The Mongument - :D:D:D

why do some ignorant t**ts call the fishery this? Have you fished it then margins? No probably not. It has probably got this derogatory name due to the fact that it offers the average angler in the midlands the chance of catching an otherwise unattainable fish of 35lb plus.....why is this bad? What are your views on waters such as cuttle mill and the Riddings? I have said it before and I will continue to say it what is the problem of having a few trips to a water such as the monument to angle for big fish(oh and by the way I don't think the fish is from france...but it is foreign) its a damn site cheaper than a trip across the channel. If you think the only people that fish there are mongs i think you would be gravely mistaken, and they're not all "instant carpers" either. As for the statistics then there are probably more fish caught per day from your average club runs water than the monument, so it is not as easy as the 300 fish in 9 acres would have you believe. Yes that fish is my PB and I will claim it as such but I am not averse to fishing low stocked venues where watercraft, bait application and observation are key skills. Granted on a water such as the monument you draw a peg and thats down to luck(this has just changed and you can now choose where to fish) but you still need to work your peg just like a skilled match man would. If you do think its an easy water go and have a bash and blank with the majority.

If you live down south?.... then you cannot deride northern or midlands anglers for wanting fish such a lake as 30's are a bit thin on the ground you know. Its a NOVELTY water so take it for what it is you never know you might enjoy it if you fished it? Before I caught that fish my PB was 23lb. I said to a mate just in passing on my local water that If I did catch a 40 from the monument I would still happily work at catching a 20 from my local water. And that I successfully did and am still working on catching more :D

29lb caught accidentally on a soft plastic grub from Pype Hayes park in Birmingham.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

ignorant t**ts

I would have received a warning for that!

Its foreign muck, and has no place in a british fishery.

Instant big carp for instant carpers! No merit whatsoever, I'm more impressed with everyone elses matey!

Why do you have it in your profile, you ought to be ashamed!

:D

QUOTE(lidoman @ Jan 2 2006, 05:10 PM)

ignorant t**ts

I would have received a warning for that!

Its foreign muck, and has no place in a british fishery.

Now, now. No kicking biting or scratching please gentlemen, We'll have a good clean fight with no name calling either.

For the record, I've never heared of this water but it's certanly not true to say that there are no waters in the midlands with naturally big fish in them. There are 30's in Sutton Park (I know someone who's had several of them to 37lb) and I've certaly seen some very big fish in the waters where I go chucking lures.

As someone who only ever targets wild fish, I find it astomishing to hear two guys who both chase the same species of fish in enclosed waters where all of the largest fish are both known and named slagging one another off on the basis of the stocking density and bithplace of the fish in the lakes that they choose to fish.

It's a funny old world.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.