Tandem Kayaks

Martin Hurst

I knew it would happen! I buy a prowler 13 and now everyone wants to tag along! :D

In particular my middle daughter (10) and father (75!) fancy a trip! Now i'm not a rich fella at this moment in time and er indoors would probably start the new year off away from me if a nice Malibu arrived :huh:

Any suggestions for a cheaper option , more suited to a little Mackie bashing in summer?

Ok Prowler 13

Cheapest option would be to buy a Frenzy or similar and let them play in that while you go off in the Prowler for some fishing!!

Your daughter would probably be Ok on the Prowler - if she sits in the cargo well close to you. OR get her to sit between you legs leaving enough room to paddle. This is only for playing within say 100 yards of shore depending on currents/wind. But the Frenzy or Mars would be great fun for them to play about in. Try and pick up a second hand one from a hire shop.

Simon Everett

Staffordshire.

Fishing kayaks:

White& Orange Dorado

Olive Scupper Pro

Yellow Prowler Elite

Touring kayaks

Red White Skua

White & Orange Duo

I knew it would happen! I buy a prowler 13 and now everyone wants to tag along! :D

In particular my middle daughter (10) and father (75!) fancy a trip! Now i'm not a rich fella at this moment in time and er indoors would probably start the new year off away from me if a nice Malibu arrived :huh:

Any suggestions for a cheaper option , more suited to a little Mackie bashing in summer?

The absolute best tandem kayak that I know of is the Ocean Kayak Zest Two! I highly recommend that yak!

DiveatManzamo2.jpg

Edited by Prowlerguy

We have a malibu II XL,

We regularly go fishing with Me the wife and son on board (3), AND HAVE PADDLED 6 MILES LIKE THIS. the only disadvantage it has is it does not have a large rear well for a crate,but I have made a wooden addition for mine that holds the anchor and two rod rests.

www.aberporthholidays.co.uk

Regular launch: Aberporth West Wales.

Yak: Malibu II XL

Martin,

I'd go for the Malibu II, the Zest is a huge 16 feet but does look very nice, the Malibu will give you a wonderfully stable platform and depending on the weight of you all, you may get all 3 out for a days fishing, it's really nice to have someone onboard to chat with... as long as they are up for some paddling as well. Good on your dad for wanting to get out there, wish mine was still with us, grab as much time with him as you can.

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com

Here is a pic of our church group on a day outing. The place is Miyagi Jima, Okinawa. In the pic you'll see a pink scupper classic (my wifes' yak the lady standing behind the upright paddle) 2 yellow Zest Twos, a light blue swing, a yellow Scupper Pro T/W (my kayak) a dark blue OK Yahoo, and a lime green Zest Two. Those Zest Twos were really a benefit to our folks and used on many occasions by everyone.

ChurchGroupSept99-2.jpg

MVC-880X.jpg

In this next pic you can see a couple of our kids in the lime green Zest Two.

MVC-881X.jpg

Here's a couple of our girls having a blast in the yellow Zest Two.

MVC-887X.jpg

Here 's one of our 15 year old girls handling the Zest Two by herself.

Edited by Prowlerguy

Sunday School outings have changed a bit since my day! :)

Nice photos.

Fished since 2003, the rest of my life I just wasted.

Southampton, Scupper Pro TW Angler: Yarak2.

Member of the OK fishing Team ( I have had free bits) :-)

Martin, do you have a Decathlon near you? Malibu's are only £324 there, or at www.canoekayaktrader.co.uk where I got mine only £374 (free postage). Best bet though is the Loko from Decathlon only £178 new! That's what I got my daughter for xmas and she's made up with it. Good tracking for a small yak and very stable. Here she is christening it at Dinas Dinlle

http://nwsd.proboards4.com/index.cgi?board...read=1136066364

Highly recommended. I've put a cargo net on it as well and we're going to do the length of Windermere together in a couple of months, me in my Malibu and her in her Loko.