A few hours hunting tinca's, without much sucsess

Tigger

I can happily catch Rudd like that one all day. I sometimes do in my own lake, if I can avoid the Carp.

Any suggestions for a bait that the carp won't take but the Rudd will?

I don't know that there is such a thing but dry-fly was also my first thought.

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

P and me icon_e_smile.gif had a float fishing session yesterday evening with intentions of catching some decent tinca's. It was a perfect evening for targetting them with the float tackle, no wind and decent temp's. We did have lots of rudd with a number of quite decent fish going over 1 1/2lb. We had a few perch also but we only had a couple of small tench, but tench is tench no matter what the size icon_e_smile.gif.
A couple of snaps of some fish and an old vagrant who we met living rough who wanted to hold Petes rudd tumbleweed.gif .

april29rudd.jpg

april29rudd1.jpg

april29tench.jpg

1pete.jpg

1pete1.jpg

Another tench attempt yesterday...caught lots and lots of rudd again with some really nice one's amongst them. I did catch a couple of sluggs but they where only small ones, one being 3lb 4 ounces and the other probably nearer to 4lb so nothing special size wise, but still they put up a tremendous show for themselves !...

may2tench1.jpg

may2tench.jpg

Notice the two different shades of green of the fish....similar to Steves colour variations in his Wingham tench.

The blown maggots will soon bring up the Rudd.

Then put a plastic red maggot on a small hook and chuck that out on a floating fly line (or use it to fish on the drop from a controller float).

Concentrate on the edges of the boiling water.

This is a brilliant technique at dawn/dusk. You will soon see what the largest fish in the shoal is like.

If you want a sedentary snooze session this is not for you because the action is a bit frantic. The race is between the rudd grabbing the hook end and you straightening the line to get a chance of setting the hook. If the lake has been quiet that day then you will soon draw a crowd so the fly rod becomes a great visual aid, you might want to use the crowd to sell dodgy watches, time share etc

"Muddlin' along"