Condoms and safe fishing?

Guest Silver Back

Nice picture and an interesting comment about the artificial bait.

I know someone who claims to be having some success with them from the beach, but he always combines it with "real" bait, as a cocktail.

So, its not a very conclusive recommendation.

I knew there would be a comment about the number of rods. :rolleyes:

"I gotta go where its warm, I gotta fly to saint somewhere "

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice report, enjoyed reading it, you really painted a good picture of a fun day out ... and of course the photos added to it a lot! My pal was using the Gulp Crabs from the shore a few weeks ago when we were fishing, funnily enough mostly he caught crabs with them, and a number of very small Codling and Whiting.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Nice report, enjoyed reading it, you really painted a good picture of a fun day out ... and of course the photos added to it a lot! My pal was using the Gulp Crabs from the shore a few weeks ago when we were fishing, funnily enough mostly he caught crabs with them, and a number of very small Codling and Whiting.

Gillies

The fact that he caught fish at all is interesting. What did others catch during that session?

I have caught on fish'n'strips, and quite conclusively, using them alone.

Flatties like the green crab strip, so it could be handy on holiday for a bit of fun fishing.

I have an assortment of Gulp, but so far not caught anything on it. The ragworms look very lifelike!

Edited by maidstonemike

7 RODS, OK.

There are three anglers on this boat, that's two rods each. The other rod i'm guessing, knowing cliff, has been set up as a tester for extra large baits or some other experiment.

Regardless of this, Cliff and his mates NEVER keep more then a couple of fish each.

Well done Cliff, another good report.

Good point made there by Wurzel ... the amount of fresh water drives the fish out to sea if your fishing a relatively shallow area. There is a shore mark I fish for Thornbacks, Plaice, and Dabs, it has a small Salmon river around 200-300 meters away from it, when the river is in spate the mark is next to useless ... though the Common Flounders dont mind, as expected.

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Hello Cliff

I reckon the snow melt water coming down the rivers probably pushed the fish further off.

I think you are right Wurzel, but we had to try, did'nt we? :huh: Its work Tuesday, so the idea was fish Sunday, relax Monday ready for the frey on Tuesday!

Thats fine until your mate phones on Monday miday and offers a trip to the towers, meet at his boat 2pm, at the Towes by 3pm, yea its a big fast boat, fish till the end of the tide about 7. Full report latter, its, 10 o'clock and I still hav'nt had my evening meal, bless her, Hazel is cooking 'fresh cod fillet' covered in home mad bread crumbs, yummmm :P

:ph34r:

7 RODS, OK.

There are three anglers on this boat, that's two rods each. The other rod i'm guessing, knowing cliff, has been set up as a tester for extra large baits or some other experiment.

Regardless of this, Cliff and his mates NEVER keep more then a couple of fish each.

Well done Cliff, another good report.

Mike you are spot on, Roddy is using 3 rods, Mike only ever uses one, I use two, some times three, if I'm trying diferent baits, methods, perhaps a small hook rig for dabs etc. If it gets hectic I usualy take one or even two in :rolleyes:

Just heard the shout, "dinners ready", speak soon :lol:

:ph34r:

Edited by CJS2

Hello Stavey

Hi wurzel i suppose trawling and tangle nets could not possibly have nothing to do with it? no of course not dont be silly stavey,

No of couse not you are being silly, there is not a trawler working or a tangle net with in 50 miles of Harwich, other than a couple of very small single handed long liners, a few larger liners working up towards Lowestof 30 miles away the only boats hammering the cod are the anglers, been like that for years.

I fish to live and live to fish.