Boat Owners

Elton

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a mooring in the harbour years ago with a shared boat on it.

If I still had it, it would be costing me just under £3,000 a year before the expense of running a boat.

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

Sandpiper, is your engine a four stroke?

or are your pockets deap?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

ok lads i had a 15ft dory with a merc 60 hp engine but i only needed a small enginge so sold it and got a smaller engine

caught loads of fish as charters cannot get in close enough

but it came down to boat or bugies , cot etc for the wife the wife won as i can get another boat when time is right and she as always right

sultzer, get your prioritys right mate!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

under the thumb as his post reads he sold the boat.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Guest sandpipper

Right guys heres the truth i bought my dory about 2 years ago i was suppose to going halfs with a mate 1500 quid he didnt pay a penny, i rubbed her down and repainted her put new perspex windows in her yep he didnt pay a pennyor help, bought gps/fishfinder/radio. problem was i felt i had to call her our boat as it was being kept in his garden and thats were all the work was done. all he kept saying was she looks nice now we`ll make a profit, by the way i was using his electric for sanding and welding/made a new trailer.

The cruch come when we had the fuel strike i had three 25L fuel cans on her and thought to myself no problem i`ll get the fuel from the boat, yep it was gone all of it he said someone must have broke in and stolen the fuel, i said what then put the empty cans back, right then i said i`ll sell the boat he said dont forget i want half so one week later i sold her to another mate for 1 pound and gave him the 50p lol we are no longer mates?????

so in the summer this year i bought her back for 1 pound

on the dreaded ebay was this 150 johnson i won it for 1300 quid the truth of the matter is its not on her yet, but will be in the spring, at the moment theres a 70hp mercury sat on the back, so if anyone wants it came and take it because ive got nowhere to store it when my johnson goes on it will get pushed in the hedge and thats where it will stay.

`ill post some pictures when she`s ready,but heres one of the engine