Boat Owners

Elton

:D Well, of course, you know I have a boat, this is my fourth. No they aint cheap, but looking at it logicaly, when I went from towing to a marina berth things changed. We started using the boat as a weekend retreat, Hazel lerned to fish, life became much more relaxed. A wisley puchased and well looked after boat looses very little money, capitol cost is almost totaly protected. We did and do spend a lt of time on board just relaxing, holidays are generaly spend on board (floating caravan) smaller craft 20-27 feet is a cross between camping and caravaning. Neither of us smoke, we dont drink much either, cant afort to with a boat :D And as a bonus I get an on tap fishing platform, O'yes I dont have to run a 4x4 either.

Multi tasked, marina based boat are less of a liability, I recon my marina fees are paid for by my being a non smoker, maintenance is put down as a hobby cost, and fishing comes free. So yes there is expence but under control with some pay back and capitol protection.

:ph34r:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

got a Quicksilver 620 on a swing mooring in Chichester harbour, share the running costs with a couple of mates so it works out really cheap. Costs us £365 a year for moorings and about £20-40 each trip on fuel depending on where we go. Before we got the boat we were going on two charters a month on average which was costing us each £70-100 + fuel to get there etc =£3000 plus a year for the 3 of us.

Now we get to go where and when we like and save a fair amount of money into the bargain :D:D:D

the only gripe i have is why does it cost more to service a 90hp mariner than it does to service a porsche?

I've got a 17ft Wilson Flyer.

I reckon I need a 150 on the back like Sandpipper's to really get it flying though.

Had my eye on a Quicksilver for a replacement. I like the Arvors but trailing one is not really practical with the shaft drive and they seem a bit slow.

What speed can you get on your 620 Smudgertoo? How about servicing your own motor, damned site easier to work on than most porsches. The memories of a particular 944 Turbo belt change still haunt me at night. ;)

I've got an Orkney 21 with an Evinrude Etec90.

The engine was new last may after it was given the thumbs up by a couple of guys on AN.

And it has lived up to all my expectations :)

Top speed is 31 knots which is a bit more than the boat is designed for :o

Less than a litre per mile too :P

Ive got a 17ft dory with 150 johnson to push her along, 4th boat ive owned so far the best. and when the spring/summer gets here anyones welcome to come out with me in the solent.Tony

see you in the spring then mate!

Im up for that,

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

I was chatting to my neighbour Gareth today and I asked about his mooring cost etc, as his boat is in a nice little spot, deep water river mooring, good access to open water, boat club and he has a carvan nearby.

Cost of club membership £60 per year, deep water mooring £50 per year, winter hardstand £15.

He asked me politely not to give away the location. :D:D

PS has some great bass fishing, plus numerous other species.

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist