Paris by Night

Guest Jan V

Even though I wouldn't be considered a great fan of the French, this panorama is really nice:

http://framboise781.free.fr/Paris.htm

Mind you, it does take a bit of time to load up, even on broadband, but it was worth it for the details seen in the architecture.

And in case you are wondering, I promise no ugly creature is going to jump out at you and make obnoxiously loud noises.

Guest Finepix

A lovely image Jan.

I know a lot of people have a problem with 'The French' but I love the place.

Brittany is stunning, all those lovely market towns - and great food!!

Beautiful architecture as well :)

Its a fantastic pano !!! so much to look around in it ... saving it, and having look at it zoomed out ... there loads of images stiched together, Im very impressed.

Im in no rush to return to France ... last time there was in Charles de Gaulle waiting for hours for a flight to New York, was in a restaurant went to put a sachet of salt on my chips and it turned out to be very small sweetners ... gave the table across me a good laugh. :)

Gillies

tha fis agam a bhe iasg nuth dunidh sasain!

www.gilliesmackenzie.com

Im in no rush to return to France ... last time there was in Charles de Gaulle waiting for hours for a flight to New York, was in a restaurant went to put a sachet of salt on my chips and it turned out to be very small sweetners ... gave the table across me a good laugh. :)

Gillies

we can blame the french for a lot, but i think you have to take some of the responsibility for that one gillies :)

I think that its Montmartre directly in front. Thats the dome of Sacre Coeur to the left.

I thought the Sacre Coeur was the one lit up on the Hill?

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I thought the Sacre Coeur was the one lit up on the Hill?

There are two mini domes either side of the main dome. You can just about see one of them in the photo, although its nearly hidden in the shadows. 'I remember it well' as Maurice Chevalier sang. At least I remember the chest pounding, lung burning, leg wobbling walk up the steps from the street below.

'I'll wait here for you and look after the dog ' she said. 'We haven't got a dog' I said. 'I'll buy one' she said.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Voilla, une piccy avec titles.

http://www.arnaudfrichphoto.com/english-ve...60-110-text.htm

I was in CDG yesterday, I'd forgotten how bad it was and have taken some connecting flights through Paris this week. - Notes to French type persons – the reason so many people miss flights at CDG is that the Tanoy system is incomprehensible and changing gate #'s without any announcements or info at the previously posted gate should be a capital offence.

And it took over ½ hr in the bus from the gate to the plane (2 hrs late), then the plane taxied for nearly as long to get the blinking runaway.

Now how does one post a Gaelic shrug type smiley??

Jealousy: totally irrational anger directed at people who happen to be richer, prettier, thinner, cleverer and more successful than you are.