36lb Cod caught from Poole

Scotty T

My first post of 2006, happy new year to you all. Just reading reports of a 36lb cod caught by one of the Poole boats, Aries II on new years day! Still trying to find out more details, and pics. Will post more as I find it.

Great fish I think you'll all agree.

Scotty

Edited by Scotty T

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Guest @Winter@

Certainly do agree. A great fish for whoever caught it. Is this normal for your area? There seems to be a few reports of decent fish at the moment is this normal or a special year?

Winter,

Cod of this size are reasonably rare around my neck of the woods, always get a good few 20lbers through the season. Our port record was caught back in 2002 - http://www.anglerscircle.co.uk/newsread_print.php?newsid=59. I can't see a 36lb fish being beaten this winter...........but you never know.

Scotty

No Luck This Time..............Roll On Next Time

Hi, wow thats two really big cod off the south coast this year, my mate caught one on our private boat in december 37lb 3 oz, there is a picture of it on the worldseafishing.com anglers gallery, it should be in the angling press this month

Edited by mattyb

Hi, wow thats two really big cod off the south coast this year, my mate caught one on our private boat in december 37lb 3 oz, there is a picture of it on the worldseafishing.com anglers gallery, it should be in the angling press this month

:D I've not got a copy of the fish or the story. :rolleyes: