Smoke free

Gaz51

Guest Brumagem Phil
Do you have a reference, Phil?

No davy, I wish I had as the topic has rekindled my curiosity too now!

If I recall correctly it only applied to elderly people and perhaps those in poor health anyway.........I guess it was just a case of the extra stress on the body being worse than continuing to smoke? After 50 years of smoking I suppose ones body chemistry gets used to being a certain way and that a sudden change in a body thats old and doesnt like change could in itself prove to be a big health risk? As you say though, better to risk quitting than risk carrying on I guess.

I gave up at 38 but did smoke very heavily for many years and often wonder if I've already done the damage.......only time of course will tell.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL DONE GAZ,

I would like to stop, I have resently quit smoking weed so one thing at a time hay , and despite the fact that people think its not adictive I can safely say it is, I used to love fishing with a spliff, now I just love the fishing.

again well done!!!!!!!!!!!

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

My uncle next door was down to about 6 stone before the big C finally finished him.

Keeping a few photos around the house of people in that state might just concentrate the mind a bit.

A picture of a road accident victim in a wheel-chair might be affective in preventing accidents if it could be made to flash up in the dashboard at certain speeds or when harsh acceleration was taking place.

There are allways people who will say that the rest of us are better off because of the taxes that smokers provide.

How can a country be better off because it imports millions of £s worth of a certain vegetable material and then sets light to it?

https://www.harbourbridgelakes.com/

Pisces mortui solum cum flumine natant

You get more bites on Anglers Net

My uncle next door was down to about 6 stone before the big C finally finished him.

Keeping a few photos around the house of people in that state might just concentrate the mind a bit.

A picture of a road accident victim in a wheel-chair might be affective in preventing accidents if it could be made to flash up in the dashboard at certain speeds or when harsh acceleration was taking place.

There are allways people who will say that the rest of us are better off because of the taxes that smokers provide.

How can a country be better off because it imports millions of £s worth of a certain vegetable material and then sets light to it?

screw the tax! its about self being isnt it, i smoke around 10 a day but a night out ill do 40!

think i could drop it but down the pubs a killer!

used patches on long flights but im hitting the smocking room as soon as i hit the deck!

luv to give up! well done mate keep it up

;)

Guest Brumagem Phil

geffaz......if you are serious mate, then buy allen carrs book. Tell you what, its only about 7 quid but if you read it and then fail (you are allowed to carry on smoking all the way through the book which is comforting), I'll send you a cheque for the purchase price. Can't say fairer than that.

Day 9 and still going strong! :)

Had a few dodgy moments though. Day 7 was a bit iffy. Just had to do something to take my mind off it. I find the pc helps take my mind off smoking quite a lot, so thanks everyone. In some way you are helping! :)

What I have noticed above all else is the fact that my clothes no longer stink!!! :o

I continue to be encouraged by the wife and kids and congratulated on my avoiding the urge. The patches seem to be working but is it just psychological?

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm persevering!!! :)

Day 9 and still going strong! :)

Had a few dodgy moments though. Day 7 was a bit iffy. Just had to do something to take my mind off it. I find the pc helps take my mind off smoking quite a lot, so thanks everyone. In some way you are helping! :)

What I have noticed above all else is the fact that my clothes no longer stink!!! :o

I continue to be encouraged by the wife and kids and congratulated on my avoiding the urge. The patches seem to be working but is it just psychological?

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, I'm persevering!!! :)

The sudden urge for a cigarette lasts for only about three minutes, so if you can occupy your mind for just that long it will pass. Stay with it.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'