Smoke free

Gaz51

Feeling pretty good about myself, am now 5 days a non smoker.

Slapped a patch a day on and it's looking good.

Had a my first non smoking fishing session yesterday, thought it would be torture but did fine. I used to smoke a lot whilst fishing.

Quite determined to kick the habit so I'm going to have to resort to strong willpower as well as the patches.

At the moment though............so far so good! :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations Gaz stick with it. I was talking to a friend yesterday who stopped a year ago. We all smiled and said 'you'll never do it'. He did. I 've been off them for over 12 years...best thing I ever did bar nothing.

'I've got a mind like a steel wassitsname'

Nice one - keep it up! :)

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Finepix

Brilliant, well done! A good way of keeping focused is to save what you would have spent on cigs, so average pack £5?? One pack a day is £35 a week, thats £140 a month! Think of all the bait, and er, reels (?) and, erm, Shoes! Yes, think of all the shoes you could buy with £140 :P

Seriously, well done. And in the first week you've faced your worst fear (fishing without the smokes) so your more than halfway there already.

Good on you Gaz, just about to join you. Tried the hypno thing a year or two ago, walked out of the place and lit up, total waste of £30. Going to give the patches a try as I reckon 2 packs a day at a fiver equals a nice little fibreglass hull to work on in a year or two.

Stan.

Going to give the patches a try as I reckon 2 packs a day at a fiver equals a nice little fibreglass hull to work on in a year or two.

Stan.

Hi Stan, get down to the Docs mate. He gave me a prescription for two weeks supply (14 patches). Prescription cost £6.50. Checked out the patches in the supermarket before getting them. One weeks supply (7 patches) costs around £12 - £13.

I reckon I've passed the first hurdle - fishing without the fags, the next one will be down the pub. I'm avoiding it for a week or two until I'm well into my regime. :D

Good luck mate, you'll save yourself a fortune, I know I am and I didn't smoke half as many as you by the looks of it.

good luck gaz and i hope ya do it.

I dont want to I done 3 months last year, the wife done 9, but started again. We will be trying to stop again soon as soon as the ads on the telly for the patches and gum finish. they just remind you that you havent had a fag.

Also get it out your head about how good for your health it is and the money you will save its a myth. (trust me)

When I stoped was a nice 12 and half stone, in 2 months I went to 15and half stone. At the doctors they took my weight and told me i was now clinicly obiece, and in the heart attack zone. :o

As for the money side, the shopping bill went from £70 a week to £140

All the new clothes brought no longer fitted me so I had to buy new clothes.

So be under no illusion about money and health, get that out your head now and youll beat the fags.

I dont want to sound negative in what I said but thats what happend to me, I think this ought to be explained at the quit smokeing clinics from day one instead of people finding out 6 months down the line and chucking the towel in when they have done so well.

So to all you who are trying to beat it all the best I will be joining you soon.

Never test the depth of water with both feet.

Stuff work go fishing.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Well done gaz...........

if you find you are struggling at any point then pop off to a bookshop and buy a copy of Allen Carrs "easy way to stop smoking".........cracking book and got me off my 60 a day habit cold turkey almost 3 years ago much to everyone around me's amazement.

As argyll said......best thing i've ever done bar none.