Carp in the Trent?

Bankside

Has anyone had any Carp out of the Trent recently??

I know when I was fishing around the old Wilford Power Station back in the 70s there was a good head off Carp about back then, and I was just wondewring if anything had been out recently, or anywhere else around Nottingham.

I think this year I'm going to pick around 10-12 rivers and target the Carp in them and no where better to start than an old stomping ground, any other suggestions for rivers will be much appreciated!

cheers

Bankside

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

they're still there, not had one for a while, but there's plenty around

Jeepster, thanks for the reply!

Does anyone target them??

What kind of size are they??

When we used to fish down there they always were around the old hot water run-off from the power station.

It a large area on that bend and seems a good place still today.

cheers

Bankside

seen them up to mid twenties, only caught them myself to half that size :)

not many people target them specifically, most are after those barbel wotsits,

but they may as well be carp fishing with their bivvies and buzzers.

you know that hot water run off will have the same effect now as it did then, so get yourself out and catch a few :)

seen them up to mid twenties, only caught them myself to half that size :)

not many people target them specifically, most are after those barbel wotsits,

but they may as well be carp fishing with their bivvies and buzzers.

you know that hot water run off will have the same effect now as it did then, so get yourself out and catch a few :)

I'm definatley going to give it ago, who controls the water now?

I'm live up in Newcastle now and I'm going to work the Trent into my plan of things for the year which I'm just putting together.

And Josh yes mate I've definatley got the Thames on my list!!

cheers to all

Bankside

lived in Nottingham for a while and heard stories of the trent carp and read the stories in the press. the biggest to my knowledge was a ghost common of a whopping 49lb!!!!!!!!! This was caught from behind the attenborough gravel pits I think but not 100% sure. I got told by match men that there were some monsters around this area and down towards Beeston both above and below the weir.

Hope this helps :D

lived in Nottingham for a while and heard stories of the trent carp and read the stories in the press. the biggest to my knowledge was a ghost common of a whopping 49lb!!!!!!!!! This was caught from behind the attenborough gravel pits I think but not 100% sure. I got told by match men that there were some monsters around this area and down towards Beeston both above and below the weir.

Hope this helps :D

Cheers Jeepster much appreciated!!

lidoman...49lb!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW I thought 30lb maybe jeezzzzzzzzzz I never heard anything like that.

I was in Planet Carp yesterday and was talking to him there and he was saying The Trent hardly gets fished these days for Carp anyway!!

There's not that many Big Carp Lakes around Nottingham so it strange why no one hits the Trent really, mind up here in Newcastle we have no places at all Wyreside, Raker or Selby are the nearest to me for decent fish.

Cheers

Bankside

there are a few carp lakes around that area, with fish up to 37lb (that's if it's still there and hasn't been nicked, the mangagement of that particular lake complex was terrible)