Carp in the Trent?

Bankside

Scoop

So far obviousley The Trent it's my home river that I grew up on, I spent many many hours at Stoke Bardolph, Burton Joyce, Gunthorpe, Clifton etc, that's how I knew of the Carp at Wilford. I've also ear marked Thames, Nene, Upper Severn, and Witham, after that the Southern rivers but as someone pointed out on Carp UK it may be a bit ambitious which I think might be the case but I would love to start with the Trent. I'm sure I know the two locks your talking about is that a syndicate stretch ? I'd love to give it a crack but I'm sure Wilford holds some good fish as well.

best

Bankside

i was told its a syndicate strech....but some people like to keep spots to themselves so u never kno...i'm pretty sure its near a koi farm and the fish got in ther during a flood....sounds more like an insurance job to me....i'd stick to the trent as you seem to kno the river a bit...i've fished the nene quite a bit in the past and its just no fun anymore cos the fish get hammered...i do a few nights on trent...best advice is to steer clear of the crowds and find your own little spots (1.5mile walk to my fav spot so just rods, bed, little bag of tackle and bait)and keep the bait going in and the action can be immense...as for the witham i live right next to it only seen one carp in 9 years of looking...only kno of one person who has caught but that is going back to when ther was a warm water outlet at bardney but that has gone so it will be a tough challange...i bet is most fish have been nicked as is the case with alot of the carp in rivers around here :angry:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sccop

I'm gonna try and do a bit of digging for info on this but I just thought of another place that used to have big fish, Highfields Boating Lake at the University of Nottingham, don't know if you ever saw them I wonder what happended to them???

Bankside

scoop, iv never seen a carp in the witham, i also live really near it too in Hykeham just south of lincoln. never seen a carp but seen the odd barbel n some good chub. which stretch do you live close to as i know the river fairly well?

as for the trent i havent managed to catch a carp from there as yet although iv heard of carp coming out from all over so i dont think it matters a great deal. look for the slack water this time of year as this is where i believe they hold up (or so im told)

steve.

scoop, iv never seen a carp in the witham, i also live really near it too in Hykeham just south of lincoln. never seen a carp but seen the odd barbel n some good chub. which stretch do you live close to as i know the river fairly well?

i live near tattershall so kno all the spots around ther pretty well...never seen any barbel but been told the ea put some in