BASS AND COD IN BEFORE OVER FISHING

sam-cox

I though you used 110mil mesh anyway Wurzel?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its a hard life being a commercial fisherman NOT!

Going to a memorial service this weekend for a commercial fisherman who was lost at sea in the pentland Firth, perhaps you should tell his wife and bairns that it's not a hard life.

I have kept out of this BMP debate because it doesn't affetc us in Scotland directly but stupid comments like this get my back up.

Going to a memorial service this weekend for a commercial fisherman who was lost at sea in the pentland Firth, perhaps you should tell his wife and bairns that it's not a hard life.

I have kept out of this BMP debate because it doesn't affetc us in Scotland directly but stupid comments like this get my back up.

Hello thebigman

Sorry to hear about that.

It's part of being a fisherman that most can't understand.

I now some on here show a complete disregard for fishermen and thier familys, would happily see them forced off the water and into bankruptcy, but none are happy to hear about the loss of life.

I fish to live and live to fish.

wurzel,

I thought you awaited the outcome of the bass consultation concerning replacing your old nets? How often is it you buy new nets, every 12 or 18 months or so?

I normaly change half of my nets each year, so if the bmp is implimented I will have to change all the nets and throw away the half I would normaly keep.

We all have to upgrade and renew our tools of the trade, its just a bit of hard luck that it will cost you twice as much as most years, although I thought you used larger mesh already.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

We all have to upgrade and renew our tools of the trade, its just a bit of hard luck that it will cost you twice as much as most years, although I thought you used larger mesh already.

It's a bit of hard luck I could do without. I do use larger meshes but not quite that big.

Do you realy think you will catch much less with 110 mesh, I take it that you use 100mil at present.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Surly Wurzel using the 110mil mesh on the offshore marks that you fish will result in you mainly catching better sized bass. These fish should fetch a bit more money, so it should all ballance out in the end.

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Yes Sam for me it probably will eventually, not sure about the more money bit.

What about the other boats in other areas will the same apply to them ?

What does your mate Nick say?