What are your aim's this year?

RUDD

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Same boat Si. Haven't been since August, 1st the wife then my hip. At this rate my 1st outing will be my French trip in April. Maybe a PB carp. :clap2:

My aims are to catch my first Grass carp and to get a twenty on camera. I caught a 26lb common in 2004 but I forgot my camera so would love to have one on film for my album.

Ant

Effort equals reward!!

Fishing is my secondary interest nowadays - as my avatar may indicate ;) However I hope to get out a little more this year - starting in March (I'm too busy up til then). Apart from that I want to catch one of the fairly common big fish from the main syndicate lake I'm in. There are more than a few over 40lb so that is my target and has been for quite a few years now. I would be equally happy to catch one that size from France, when I go there in Sept.

Rob.

thats been bugging me actualy!

:unsure: is that a target pistol or am i being thick?

spent a few months in asia hunting saimes carp to no avail! (very tricky fish)

managed to bag an 85lb mekong cat fish so that softened the blow!

getting back out ther in a few months so fingers crossed ill get one now i know

the sort of stuff to take out ther to give me an edge!

then over to india for a mahseer!

Edited by geffaz

thats been bugging me actualy!

:unsure: is that a target pistol or am i being thick?

spent a few months in asia hunting saimes carp to no avail! (very tricky fish)

managed to bag an 85lb mekong cat fish so that softened the blow!

getting back out ther in a few months so fingers crossed ill get one now i know

the sort of stuff to take out ther to give me an edge!

then over to india for a mahseer!

Yep that is a target pistol - it's actually a 0.22 free pistol that has been made specifically to be legal in the UK. The reason I'm quiet on the fishing front until March is that I have a number of competitions until the end of Feb. I hope to get some fishing in before the lake has it's close season (Apr and May) - then I have a couple of shooting training sessions abroad, before the lake opens again on the 1st of June. Unfortunately then the summer competitions will be in full swing so it will be a case of more time juggling.

All being well I have a week booked on a big fish water in France in Sept where my French PB will be broken :fish::yahoo:

Rob.

Edited by RobStubbs

Freaky, my wife is expecting our first child the end of march starting of april, May be we should have a father and fathers to be fishing day be for the great day occurs :clap2:

STC

Nice one STC,

Sounds good to me. :clap2:

Mind you, I'm still working on my away pass for our usuall week on Birch Grove - touchy one at the moment!

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Hey Rob

I know winter carp waters can be hard, but shooting them is a bit drastic, try a differnet presentation, like a pop up rather than a .22 pistol.

Think this year is to beat my 15 year olds 20 lb common when we go out together, I only managed a 19lb common when out with him one time last year, you see guys, when the babies grow a bit, get them out on the banks with a rod, so they get the taste young.I made the mistake of giving up and selling my gear 15 years ago, now having major expense buying again, not just for one but 3, me, my son and now the wife, see started the end of the summer, and is disabled, had polio as a child and now a crumbling spine, but by relaxing on the bank she takes half the amount of medication as normal and since my 15 year old started last year, his school work has improved 50% and he is all ways out fishing and not hanging about the town and streets getting into trouble, so Carping is good medicine and keeps him focused. By the way the wife has a 13 1/2lb PB after her second session out.

Good luck in the coming year, were ever you fish

Trevor

Re the Fathers day fishing - well in my experience not a one of us would have had a full nights sleep for a few months and once on the bedchair it would be lights out.

I went with a friend last year a couple months after his 1st and he slept for 15hrs straight

I tried to wake him a few times but he was GONE. :2:

It's a nice idea though and another excuse to be on the bank :clap2: