Advice required on Lanzarote mid summer shore fishing

Bill Hutchison

Ehh!!! How heavy a lure rod are we talking here

I mean, if they can take half a mullet!!!!!!

I've just shelled out £60 on a Shimano Exage 10/11ft Travel Rod today to avoid taking rods in my Bazooka.

Please don't tell me I'm going to be undergunned again. :(

I did that last year in Cabo San Lucas. When I got there I found that lure fishing from the shore was undertaken with a Diawa Beachcaster, large Fixed Spool Reel, 40lb Braid and 3oz surface lures.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When do you go Bill - never tried tying a crab lure yet - but I love a challenge!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I can make anything mate -trust me!

If you have time ask Newt to send a few "crabs" across - its ok he does not bite! I know the Yanks do loads of plastic imatation shi-.

He will go to bass pro and get you a crab immo or three.Just give him some gear in return,thats how AN works Bill - pleased you have finally come aboard. Just PM Newt about the crab bit and he will sort it - idea for a swop - send him a couple of UK controller floats - handy for my lures LOL

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

hi bill,the two predators that will come in most often, attracted by the mullet are called "anjovas" and "palometon". even small to modest sized ones have large powerfull jaws. im on the costa blanca,we have them here too.i use lure gear as youve described for them. :D:D

Thanks Capt. C.

Thats cheered me up no end. :(:(:(

The tackle dealer had shown me a travel version 3lb test curve Carp Rod that would have done the trick. It's beginning to sound as if I may have to make another purchase.

What lures do you recommend.?

The 'Cabo Killer' lures I brought back are made of resin, encasing a lead weight and should be skipped along the surface of the water.

If you lok up the following site you will see a picture of it hanging on a post.

http://www.jansenlures.com/

hi bill i havent downloaded the video as idont have broadband it will take forever!. the palomton is the leerfish http://www.thejump.net/id/leerfish.htm

the anjova is sometimes known as a bluefish.

fishbase.org/Summary/SpeciesSum...sname=saltatrix

have a look at this and you will see what i mean about attacking mullet!quote..killing more than they need to eat""!! cheers mate dave :D