Most Amazing Sight

Elton

nothing like a kid to brush fur lined caves ,,their light enough not to pull it down from the walls.

its not progress its that kids are crap at carrying loads without crying when their beaten!! cave living will come back ,i bet theres a fair few being used now :rolleyes::)

NOTHING AS INTERESTING as dissent in the ranks, huh?

I'd still like a Stoat hat, you know like those that the Russians wear in the cooooold winter weather that have ear flaps which fold down, but are usually tied up for normal wear. I've got one actually; I got it off a Russian Marine in Vladivostok; it is dark brown, almost black.. No I didn't have to shoot him, as he was willing to trade for a Marine emblem. Also got a Russiam military watch in the deal. The fur isn't real, but it's got a neat Russiam Marine emblem on it, and it is quite warm. I guess the hat is standard issue, and it's got the number 8 on the inside. The guy was somewhat of a "pinhead" as it is quite a bit too small for me, probably a size 10 would fit me better. I'd really like the same hat in stoat! If I had it to do all over again I'd definitely be careful about those scent glands, and I'd have my hat.

By the way I've got several hides from sea snakes that I use to made belts. Those hides come from black and white banded sea snakes, of which I've caught scores. I collected them by hand as they are pretty docile creatures, usually. They do have a very deadly bite, so care is definitely required.

Respectfully, Prowlerguy sends

Viet Vet 69-70

DragonSymbol-1.jpg

Edited by Prowlerguy

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we get hats like that at car boots ,if you like walking round looking like a prat in all but the snowyist day there great ,real fur though not fake there seems to be an influx now the commies have gone ,i expect theres a calling for them in china ,probably also for that quaint round badge as well ,no stoats in those hats but maybe a close relative the marten.i'm surprised being in germany you didnt get a real one ,but i suspect a tourist version will still get wolf whistles in church or out converting,Ushanka ;)

sea snake belts! god that takes me back a few years glad to see their still fashionable in your neck of the woods :D

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

One Saturday in the mid 1960's I was passenger in a van delivering to a farm. We saw a weasel running in circles round a rabbit. as we stopped, the weasel ran off, The rabbit was dead but had not been bitten. must have died of fright. the rabbit came for a ride with us and was introduced to onions and gravy the next day but appeared to have very little interest in the proceedings :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Steam rules

I have it on good authority from a worthy poacher who has now departed to a more heavenly roost, that any rabbit being killed by a stoat or weasel will be fit for the pot as they never take on a sickly animal only those in the peak of good health. :D:D

Just thought I would pop that one in for what it's worth :rolleyes::D

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist