badger baitboat problem ....

kreid

Tried the newly arrived badger baitboat yesterday, just a dry run to try it out.Now luckily i didn't send it too far out,( maybe 30/40 yards max)and it went off ok , but started to slow down and only made it back at snails pace.....now i thought maybe i hadn't charged up the battery properly , but i had. The problem was the jet intake, it had sucked in a lot of weed pieces that were on / in the surface film, which had in turn psrially blocked it (its like a shower head, wee holes) hence the slowing down. Maybe if the boat was loaded it would push the intake lower into the water , but it still has to make it back empty !

Is there anything i could do here ?

PS should it make an "electricky" whining bleeping noise ?

Tried the newly arrived badger baitboat yesterday, just a dry run to try it out.Now luckily i didn't send it too far out,( maybe 30/40 yards max)and it went off ok , but started to slow down and only made it back at snails pace.....now i thought maybe i hadn't charged up the battery properly , but i had. The problem was the jet intake, it had sucked in a lot of weed pieces that were on / in the surface film, which had in turn psrially blocked it (its like a shower head, wee holes) hence the slowing down. Maybe if the boat was loaded it would push the intake lower into the water , but it still has to make it back empty !

Is there anything i could do here ?

PS should it make an "electricky" whining bleeping noise ?

I think your best bet is to get onto Badger see what they say

I doubt if the procat is really worth £250 more.

I won't get my money back.It cost me 30p.(entry to Total Carp mag comp).

Contacted Badger today and they were very helpful. Advised me on the noise, some minor adjustment on the hand control needed (DIY) .As for the intake , well , they said it was a problem that had been brought to their attention (once) already ,it screws off and i will drill out the holes a little larger. While unable to actually help on this one they were interested and were very quick to take my call......no putting it on hold etc. I will see how it goes, but it seems ok. They are sending me a replacement areal free of charge as i have lost the origional 1...can't be bad, so thanks Badger for putting up the prize and dealing with my query so quickly.

no surprise that a piece of badger kit is total crap and won't work out of the box......

good on them for having good customer service, but if you had actually paid for the boat, how happy would you be to have to drill larger holes in it?

you get what you pay for, and in this instance it seems you got 30 pence worth of bait boat :)

I doubt if the procat is really worth £250 more.

I won't get my money back.It cost me 30p.(entry to Total Carp mag comp).

Contacted Badger today and they were very helpful. Advised me on the noise, some minor adjustment on the hand control needed (DIY) .As for the intake , well , they said it was a problem that had been brought to their attention (once) already ,it screws off and i will drill out the holes a little larger. While unable to actually help on this one they were interested and were very quick to take my call......no putting it on hold etc. I will see how it goes, but it seems ok. They are sending me a replacement areal free of charge as i have lost the origional 1...can't be bad, so thanks Badger for putting up the prize and dealing with my query so quickly.

make the holes with a shot gun....that should cure the problem!!!!