mullet slaughter

dillydangler

been hearing a few reports of mullet being unnecesarily targeted on my local pier using mackerel feathers to foul hook them

:angry::angry::angry:

see http://www.worldseafishing.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17417

this is from the same pier that so called anglers were cartwheeling dogfish back into the sea because they are a pest w*****s.

whats are sport comeing too.?????

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely not sporting, but a hook in the mouth/throat/belly/fin. Any difference?

Are you saying it's cruel or not fair sport?

Just a thought, might be interesting to see what people think on this one. <_<

not sporting in my opinion and completly unecassery.the mentality of some of the people that fish this pier is sometimes unbelievable.(hope this does not put you of your holiday mike,theres plenty of good fishing close anyway)

"oh look a huge shoal of mullet lets foul hook them"

apparently people are going there just to catch mullet.

Definitely not sporting, but a hook in the mouth/throat/belly/fin. Any difference?

Having a fly fishing background the art in it for me the the presentation of the right bait or lure in the right place at the right time,useing sporting tackle. that what makes me an angler not a fisherman I know you are playing devils advacate mike, but useing your rational would harponing be accepterble? :)

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

Obviously not a mullet angler then Mike?

One of our finest sporting fish and should be angled for, not ripped for :angry:

I guess if they are being caught to take home for tea then its no different to gill netting/trawling. I remember seeing a spanish beach fisherman (in spain) wrap a bagette in trebbles and cast it out into the sea, there was instantly a shoal around the bread and after a couple of tugs in comes a foul hooked mullet. No not sport but it was tea!

I dare say there are some that would rather all mullet were put back but its unlikely to happen when they are such good eating.

Dan

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com

I dare say there are some that would rather all mullet were put back but its unlikely to happen when they are such good eating.

Dan

Realy? Hve you ever eaten an mullet?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hmmm, these mullet rippers and people who dont think there is nothing wrong with such activitys i would classify as numb nuts, these people do not have a clue about sport angling and their only reason for going fishing is to fill their gut, i would not give them the time of day or pi** on them if they were on fire, goons the lot of them..........

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly