fishing hols

caz

An owner with a freezer/cupboard full of bait and terminal tackle that can be purchaced without going into town to find the local tackle dealer - especially if it means a phone call and a short wait and then it's dropped off to the house/peg as needed.

The ability to pre order fresh bait like maggots and casters and have them waiting in the bait fridge so that customers can fish on the day they arrive without risking an escape in the car.

A decent covered porch so that anglers can strip off their wet/muddy gear without walking into the house.

A good map of the local waters with peg numbers and catch reports.

A good map of the local area with details of shops, petrol stations, take aways, pubs etc.

Details of a local taxi firm (pubs again).

I assume you controll the fishing rights on the closest water. If so, decent, safe fishing platforms that can be used even if there's a bit of water on the river. If they can be made accessable to the disabled, so much the better.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Closed Season on all rivers between 16th March to 16th of June, although you may have stillwaters nearby that could fit the bill!

spoke to a local fisherman last night thinking I may have missled someone and yes your right we are a still water classification

An owner with a freezer/cupboard full of bait and terminal tackle that can be purchaced without going into town to find the local tackle dealer - especially if it means a phone call and a short wait and then it's dropped off to the house/peg as needed.

The ability to pre order fresh bait like maggots and casters and have them waiting in the bait fridge so that customers can fish on the day they arrive without risking an escape in the car.

A decent covered porch so that anglers can strip off their wet/muddy gear without walking into the house.

A good map of the local waters with peg numbers and catch reports.

A good map of the local area with details of shops, petrol stations, take aways, pubs etc.

Details of a local taxi firm (pubs again).

I assume you controll the fishing rights on the closest water. If so, decent, safe fishing platforms that can be used even if there's a bit of water on the river. If they can be made accessable to the disabled, so much the better.

all good Ideas many of which are covered but Ill get right on the ones that are not

thanx for the advice

• 2 weeks later...
i do hope that the heating works in this lodge caz????? dissapointed if it don't....are the electrics ok?? put the web address up when you got it up and running and i'll let a few people kno about it!!!!

scoop

loads of heat not sure about elecs though do you know anyone?

www.riversideholidaylodges.com

Think you should get a definate on the closed season restrictions before getting any paying guests.Also I thought the prices were a bit high.Let me explain why I say that.With angling holidays the price is really indicative of the quality of the fishing, the accomodation and facilities to a certain extent being irelavant.

Catching fish,despite what a lot say about it being nice to be purely being in good suroundings is for most anglers the acid test.To both assist in this and also provide a for the lack of a better description "consolation prize" if the angling is poor you need to have (or have available some one who has) a good knowledge of the local fishing.

I dont know the area maybe there is some one on here who does?

I base these comments on several years of running guided angling holidays abroad and my involvement in a lake ran purely for visiting anglers.

Before the lake mentioned was purchased some heavy research was put in.This simpley consisted of finding out what all of our potential "competittors" were both offering,actually supplying (often a big difference!) and of course charging.Sugest you try the same.

Good luck with your venture.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Also I thought the prices were a bit high.

i wouldn't think them prices was too high....for a family holiday the prices seemed more than reasonable location looks spot on an it looks pukka inside the lodge.....

scoop

Hi

Just back today from a few days away in a log cabin fishing on the lake

Are you looking for this to be just for male anglers ,husband/wife or for families ?

Essentials plenty of hot water/efficient heating (if open all year round)efficient shower

Secure storage for all tackle (you said there was no crime!!!!! thats what we were told in September and had our boxes stolen )

Bait fridge would be ideal.Outside lighting

Reserved pegs in front of each lodge,is it going to be day ticket water as well?

Freezer (if you want wives/families) then good stock of kitchen utensils,non stck frying pan (essential)

please dont save on the kitchen equipment.flask and insulated mugs.Toaster/Sandwich maker

lodge we have just been in had laminate flooring ,I found this much easier to keep clean!

provide towels and a washer /dryer would be good for those really wet days

Heating/lighting to be included in price ..nothing worse than slot meters

Also fishing to be included in price

Log book for the lodge/cabin encourage visitors to make comments and record their catches and tips ...very useful for guests,they can also recommend which pubs are good!!!!Also an information sheet listing tackle shops ,takeaways,doctors etc.

Sorry but could go on we have been in loads of these sorts of places.

Judith

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

just found the link to your web site ,i dont think the prices are too high they seem in line with other accomodation i have tried or looked at,we have looked at properties very close to yours but they have not looked as nice or had central heating which i think is essential for winter breaks,is the fishing and heating/lighting included if so then will certainly bear it in mind...just one query is the boat included if not wont it get in the way of the fishing if there are 2 of you.

judy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

• 2 years later...
just found the link to your web site ,i dont think the prices are too high they seem in line with other accomodation i have tried or looked at,we have looked at properties very close to yours but they have not looked as nice or had central heating which i think is essential for winter breaks,is the fishing and heating/lighting included if so then will certainly bear it in mind...just one query is the boat included if not wont it get in the way of the fishing if there are 2 of you.

judy

I know this is an old thread but i would just like to say something about the price today.

We went to the site and the place looks very nice indeedy.

Anyway i thought it would make a nice xmas present for somebody, just two nights away piking on the river so we rang up to book it, it is done through an agency, and the price is the same for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, days so if your planning a couple of days away then be prepared to pay the full weeks price, which in my view is completely overpriced for just two days.

Oh yes i forgot to say, There is an agency Fee on top of that as well lol.

So yes it is well overpriced.