sterling aerial

long trotter

I've seen a Sterling reel and they're very pretty reels ,and apart from the decorative engraving theres not a lot of difference between them and the current fred crouch reels (best they've ever made) and if I had to compare the st/fc reels to a original match aerial then I'd take a fc/st reel .I know people like the original match aerials but I don't .and if I had too chose between a fred crouch and sterling I'd choose a fred crouch ,unless I was after something as a gift (im indifferent to the engraving) otherwise the difference in price would put me off a bit but the price isn't too bad as centrepins go .and fred crouch reels also does the true trotter which I'd choose over any match aerial or clone anytime .

if you like the engraving then buy the Sterling ,if not buy a fred crouch reel .both are pretty similar in looks and well built .in either case I'd recommend a wide spooled reel over a narrow one.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

From my experience the Fred Crouches arn't as free running as the original allcocks reel. I prefer the round profile on the rim of the drum on the original and also it's narrow drum.