Out Saturday

Norfolkdan

Out fishing tomorrow for the first time since October. :clap2:

I should be down the River Bure hoping for Pike, Chub and whatever else comes my way. During the course of the day I'm hoping to have a deadbait out, do some trotting, feeder fishing etc..

Not sure what conditions will be like though, so was hoping someone could hazard a guess for me.

According to Met0ffice, tonight will be -3C, and tomorrow will have a max temp of 4C with sun and a 10mph South westerly wind.

There's bound to be a frost, so what do these conditions merit? Is it worth going out (Not that that matters as I'm going out as I'm getting a little rusty ;) )

Cheers, Dan

Dan

Out fishing tomorrow for the first time since October. :clap2:

I should be down the River Bure hoping for Pike, Chub and whatever else comes my way. During the course of the day I'm hoping to have a deadbait out, do some trotting, feeder fishing etc..

Not sure what conditions will be like though, so was hoping someone could hazard a guess for me.

According to Met0ffice, tonight will be -3C, and tomorrow will have a max temp of 4C with sun and a 10mph South westerly wind.

There's bound to be a frost, so what do these conditions merit? Is it worth going out (Not that that matters as I'm going out as I'm getting a little rusty ;) )

Cheers, Dan

At least the winds swinging round!!!!!!!!!!!!

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

It's going to be cold, that's for sure. Chub and pike are good targets, livies paternostered near likely features for the pike, and I'd leger for the chub. Maybe join me in a cheesepaste experiment! I'll be having a similar day on the Thames, and may stick a pike rod out if it looks good. I think it'll be day of finding a likely spot and sticking at it. I wouldn't bother getting up too early either.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Hi dan, from wroxham down forget targeting the chub, with the expected cold temperature the trotting will be hard going also, In my humble opinion find a boatyard or backwater where the silvers shoal up and fish for the pike, loads of great places around wroxham, horning. Have a great day. :sun:

Get out there Dan, I went out this afternoon and had a great time. I decided to do a bit of exploring on the river Lee, a stretch I had not tried before just downstream from Ware. After a little walk I found a likely looking spot for chub and started trotting a lump of bread. I then spent about a hour trying to tempt a chub of about 5-6lb to eat my bait. No luck. I then moved to another swim and missed a bite on my first cast, next cast I hooked a lovely chub of about 4 1/2 lb. A little while later moved on to the weir and had a go at spinning for perch and caught a small Jack. A good day for me.