Wormary

Quest

Hello, I want to start a wormary, I have seen how to do it before on this site. But for some reason I can not open the link when it finds it. Please can somone provide me with info on how to start one off.

Thanks.

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Leon's got a great article on this subject some where on the site.

Oh er as the governor has just pointed out!

I'm currently working on a new layout that should make finding stuff so much easier. Just waiting for some guys in Serbia, I believe, to crack an issue with it, then I have weeks of re-inputting all the articles ahead.

It'll be worth it, though, as I think the percentage of people from this forum who read the articles must be very low, at present.

Respect to Quest for searching the article first! Hope you enjoy it - it's probably the most sought after article that Leon has written.......and he's written a few :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

OI OI

exellent artical might build my self one in the summer i'll not loose it i've put it in my favorite box

if that's o.k.

i have riding stables about 1500yds from my home could i use some horse muck to start it off & then

potato skins & other stuff that breaks down, the muck has lots of thin red worms in they any good.

thank's a lot bill.

:thumbs::clap2::clap2:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

the muck has lots of thin red worms in they any good.

thank's a lot bill.

Depends Bill, I've caught more on red worms than brandlings( the ones with dark rings and ooze a yellow gunk when burst).

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

OI OI

exellent artical might build my self one in the summer i'll not loose it i've put it in my favorite box

if that's o.k.

i have riding stables about 1500yds from my home could i use some horse muck to start it off & then

potato skins & other stuff that breaks down, the muck has lots of thin red worms in they any good.

thank's a lot bill.

Those thin red worms are the best :)

Really good for bream.

During the spring and summer, I fill a couple of plastic bags with horse manure from a friendly stables (don't use the sawdust based bedding, but the stuff they gather from the fields and pile-up).

The bags go into my pannier bags (it's a bu**er cycling up steep hills in wet weather, dry manure weighs almost nothing, but when it's well-soaked it weighs a ton).

Back in the garden, add that to my 'manure stack' (in fact a couple of very large plastic compost bins)

When the manure breaks down, it becomes infested with red worms :)

Many old garden books advise you to manure ground in the Autumn, but all that does is allow the nitrogen to be washed out into the water table - not good. Far better to do what I do, manure in the spring, with the worms going to join their friends in the worm compost, just as it begins to warm up and they get hungry and start to breed full time.

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust

Have you done much on brandlings Leon?

No, brandlings are excellent for breaking down compost for the garden, but the fish don't seem to like tham as much as other worms.

The problem is they will colonise your worm bin, especially if it get's too acid through too much kitchen waste being added for the worms to deal with.

Edited by Leon Roskilly

RNLI Shoreline Member

Member of the Angling Trust