ANCHOR suggestions please

predator1

Preditor, just looked at your profile. We both have the same job! I hate it!!!!! but it lets me have some flexabuility for fishing and associated interests of boats and phography.

15 years, how attitudes have changed, used to be great job, even on Friday and Saturday nights, now-a-days I wont work the town after after 4.30pm.

CJS2

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh great lol yeah it is a burden i dont work for a firm i have my own taxi and work off the ranks so i can pick and choose what drunks to have and ones not to have it is so quiet over here that i have to work fridays & saturday nights till

3.30 am to make the money up as money is tight when no one feeds you the work and you have to find it .

so i will have to have a drive around a few farms to see if they have any chain about that they dont want .

went out yesterday off of herne bay had 5 rokers biggest 8ib i shooll bass i doggy and a mackeral caught on harbour rag , and went out again today but only 2 rokers still at least it aint a blank. so now i will have to save up for my new anchor and hopefully find some chain for free lol cheers mate. all the best

Pitty you dont live closer. . . I think I have a 7.5kg Bruce in me shed, brand new, might find some chain as well. E-mail me, probably make it worth your while driving to Ipswich???

CJS2

If you have a lot of industry near you it's worth checking the scrap metal dealers. Many business's have to change chains in use on a regular basis for health and safety reasons. Most ends up at the scrap metal yards and they are only too willing to flog it for a small premium over what they paid.

I am getting my mate to knock me one of these up. If it's any good he will do me a stainless one. I will let you know how it performs.

[ 14. July 2005, 12:43 AM: Message edited by: Stoaty ]

I also like bruce anchors for my saturn 25 ft and my 16 ft alluiminium tub. Got a genuine Bruce for the Saturn from a boat jumble for £25. For the ally tub i got a new copy from Ardwell Chandlers near Luce Bay Mull of Galloway very cheap. I trip mine with four double strands of the orange handline type cord. I have a shackle on the dash of the boat that I can put through the chain and end of anchor if I have to anchor in an emergancy when you do not want it to trip.

prp

peterseafishing:

I trip mine with four double strands of the orange handline type cord.

A word of warning to anyone about to try it - test how many strands your boat can break before lashing it up. I've known boats not be able to break out by putting too many strands round, and four double strands of strong line may be difficult for some small angling boats to break. The shackle thing was a good tip by the way - I'll keep one of those in the wheelhouse from now on!

East Hampshire Boat Anglers www.boat-angling.co.uk