Another debt collecting company.

Guest @Winter@

Guest @Winter@

Hi all,

Just a quick update for you all on my Student loan debt which I have discussed with you before.

Around this time last year I described a situation where I had been persued by The Student loans company of Glasgow for a sum of £2621. A debt which I deny I owe. THe slc have threatened for 6 years to take me to court unless I start to make payments to clear the amount. I always refuse and tell them to take me to court so that the judge can make a decision on this issue.

Well since I last posted here I have had continous weekly phonecalls and letters from smith lawson debt collecting company (slc in disguise) with threats of court action and again baillifs visits. I have asked them numerous times for a court date or some idea of a timescale. They will not discuss this.

Now slc have for the third time in 3 years sent the debt to an external debt collecting agency in Hull called wescott Debt collectors. Last time Wescott dealt with this matter they told me they felt the debt was unrecoverable and sent it back to slc. Now they say if I dont pay in 7 days they will take me to court. When I asked them what was the difference between now and a year ago when they felt the debt was unrecoverable they replied we have never dealt with your debt before and have no record of you. Even though I told them I have all the documentation from their company from the last time they dealt with this issue they deny any knowledge of it.

What a bunch of muppets.

Guest Brumagem Phil

Easy solution is take them to court to get it quashed.....small claims court wouldnt cost you much and the magistrate is likely to side with you purely on the basis that YOU rather than they dragged the matter before him.

By the way, the amount of calls you are getting isn't far off harassment and is in itself illegal.

Hi all

wescott are a bunch of cowboys like moorcroft etc etc etc

let them take court action and call the police if ballifs turn up

say you are being robbed from home from a debt you dont owe or try an obunsman(you know what i mean sorry)

ive been chased by wescott and they are pretty annoying as are the rest of em.

good luck mate dont give in (if your in recipt of beni say youll give them 1pound a week)they can only screw you if youre not willing to pay at all,the judge will see you are a good bloke and are not disputing paying but you as a person has the right to a full recalc and investigation which will knob them right off

sg

Dont Ignore It , If you have been notified that bailiefs are going to pay you a visit the courts have allready sanctiond the action so shouting thief isnt going to invalidate a the warrent empowering the bailief to enter your property, if the police do get involved it will be to make sure that you do not obstruct an officer of the court exicuting his or her duties.Have at any point you recieved a notification to attend court or recieved a liabillity order if you had that would have been the time to say your bit in frount of the Judge. If not get down to the citizens advice or a solicitors and get them to negotiate for you. as you can I believe ask for a review of the dept that you are disputing. Working in the industry that I do I meet a lot of people who work as bailiefs or for dept collection agencies, they are good at what they do and rarely lose out in the end, As they have seen and heard it all before if you have been wronged get the law behind you its the only way you will win.

Good Luck mate.

And be carefull. :thumbs:

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

A debt which I deny I owe.

I didn't read your original thread from a year ago, but denying you owe it and actually owing it are two different things. I realise you may not want to put the answer here, but do you or don't you owe the money? This may have some bearing on the outcome.

Edited by Lid

Dont Ignore It , If you have been notified that bailiefs are going to pay you a visit the courts have allready sanctiond the action so shouting thief isnt going to invalidate a the warrent empowering the bailief to enter your property, if the police do get involved it will be to make sure that you do not obstruct an officer of the court exicuting his or her duties.Have at any point you recieved a notification to attend court or recieved a liabillity order if you had that would have been the time to say your bit in frount of the Judge. If not get down to the citizens advice or a solicitors and get them to negotiate for you. as you can I believe ask for a review of the dept that you are disputing. Working in the industry that I do I meet a lot of people who work as bailiefs or for dept collection agencies, they are good at what they do and rarely lose out in the end, As they have seen and heard it all before if you have been wronged get the law behind you its the only way you will win.

Good Luck mate.

And be carefull. :thumbs:

Allso remember that every time a bailief visits your adress you will be charged His costs If he has to go back to court to get a foced entry warrant that charge will be passed on to you as well .Dont Bury your head in the sand with this one mate It Will not go away GET ADVICE, NOT FROM US BUT FROM SOMEONE QAULIFIED TO HELP YOU :wallbash:

Edited by five bellies

Someone once said to me "Dont worry It could be worse." So I didn't, and It was!

انا آكل كل الفطائر

I made a vow today, to never again argue with an Idiot they have more expieriance at it than I so I always seem to lose!

GET ADVICE, NOT FROM US BUT FROM SOMEONE QAULIFIED TO HELP YOU :wallbash:

Excellent advice. Go to The Citizens Advice Bureau. They offer a debt counselling service and can take some of the heat out of the situation and give you some space to manouver. They can also help with legal aid if appropriate. Whatever you do DO NOT GO TO A DEBT MANAGEMENT SERVICE. You will never see a poor one.