Firefox Update

Norfolkdan

Hi everyone,

does anyone know if there's been a recent Firefox update? Something like 3.2.0.1 (Not exact on that) As, I was just browsing the web playing games when a pop up came up saying I'd clicked something to update Firefox. I clicked off it all, and it said it will install the new update the next time I start Firefox. So.... is this a virus, if so how can I get rid of it?

Or, is it legitimate and I should stop worrying?

Cheers. :)

(Maybe this should go in Technical help forum...move if you feel it belongs there mods.)

Dan

I downloaded the newest version yesterday in FRANCE it is 1.0.5.0.1

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

got this earlier today from Strathclyde Computers who do work for me and manage web site etc:

Firefox vulnerabilities.

A number of vulnerabilities, some of them highly critical, have today been reported for all versions of Mozilla Firefox. This includes the recent version 1.5

Typically for Mozilla a new, fully patched version is available right now, if this was Microsoft you'd sweat it for six weeks! Although updating is apparently seamless we advise the old fashioned method.

Open Firefox, bookmarks, manage bookmarks, export to a file. Put is somewhere sensible just in case you need it.

go to www.mozilla.com and download the new version ( 1.0.5.1)

save the file somewhere. Close Firefox, start/control panel/add remove programs/firefox/remove

Say yes to any prompts about deleting folders.

Double click the downloaded file. In nearly all circumstances everything will be just right.

Got absolutely no idea what it means, dont know why he sends me it as I just phone him and ask, fix it. :):)

I had the autoupdate yesterday to 1.5.0.1 not the other incarnations thats above lol

From http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=375600

Firefox 1.5.0.1 has been released.

Discuss here.

Issues

* Can't connect to any website? It's probably your firewall.

* Roboform doesn't work? Update the extension.

* Partial Update fails? In some cases, it will offer to download the full update. In others, you may not even know the update has failed unless you check Help > About and see that it still says 1.5 instead of 1.5.0.1. The partial update will fail it could not find one of the files to be updated - usually a search plugin you intentionally deleted. The solution is to replace the missing search plugins (easiest way to replace them is to reinstall 1.5), to let Firefox download the full update (if it offered to), or to just manually download and install the 1.5.0.1 full installer. This problem is discussed here: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=375453

* Scrollbars gone? Switch to the default theme.

* Update crashes while checking for compatability updates for extensions? It has been reported that this can be caused by Firefox not having access to the net at that point. Some Firewalls (like Norton) silently start blocking Firefox when it updates. Remove and re-add Firefox to your Firewall. Norton-specific instructions: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.ph...2062291#2062291