delivery services

chesters1

can anyone recomend a carrier who takes parcels over 150cm long that collects the parcel ,the only one i can find insists you take it to them (in basingstoke :angry: )

i have some rods ready to list on ebay (nice B james richard walker mk4 avon ;) ) so need a price up front for the listing ,some sellers have very competative postal prices but i fail how to see how they are so cheap :huh:

whilst living in the sticks has advantages theres plenty of pitfalls too in everyday life ,basingstoke is far far away to me and the petrol used not part of the postage :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

I use Parcels2Go They'll pick it up (usually ends up being DHL with me) and they're cheap for normal parcels. Usually only about £7.00, but your length might be an issue :P

I used to use them for my ebay stuff, best bit is they take Paypal so you can just use the money paid by your punters :)

Paul.

There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

no good! max length 1.2m <_<

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Strange, i just gave it a try using the "quick quote" service. I got it to take a 160x20x20 2kg no problems. There are a few services it says you cannot use, but lists 4 that will take longer parcels. Price varied from £21.51 for standard 1-2day delivery (10.32 surcharge for length!) to £34.00 for ultra next day delivery. :)

Edited by pikergonecarpin
There's no such thing as a bad days fishing..

http://www.parcel2go.com/parceldelivery-uk.aspx :(

and the postage is exorbitant if its £21 :o :o :o i certainly wouldnt pay it and i doupt based on it i'd get any bids whatsoever

Edited by chesters1

try parcel force you might get a wee surprise on the price.

cpranim.gif

15/06/12 PB Perch 3 lb 10 oz 03/03/11 Common Carp 23lb 6 oz 05/06/12 Sturgeon 7 lb 13 oz 06/06/12 Mirror Carp 21 lb 2 oz

09/03/13 PB PIKE 27 lb 9 ozARNO3010CustomImage1086535.gif

The only carrier i know that take the longer rod tubes at reasonable rates are City link, one word of warning, my experience with them is that the are a little unreliable on times.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

try parcel force you might get a wee surprise on the price.

they wont take longer than 150cm :angry:

TNT uses a crap system where you need to input the destination postcode in to get a quote (something you cant find out until your items sold :rolleyes: ) i inputed 160cm x 6 cm x 6cm and 1 kilo (wont except less) and a postcode in cambridge and it came up as £28 :o :o

City Link also uses a quote system but theirs is by email :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

have used these in the past a most excellent service

http://www.interparcel.com/

usually a TNT or UPS van turns up to collect even on the cheapest service which is about £7.00 full tracking available and have taken allsorts of shapes and sizes including rods and poles

all do-able on line

jim

Edited by jimpy0

MOH.gifmynewsiggy.gif

www.electricunclesam.com