Artists amaze me

Newt

We've a section on our paperweight website (link below) entitled Artists at Work. The pics are nowhere near as good as Jan's, but may be of interest. Certainly we found the making of the weights fascinating. The work turned out from the artists we deal with and whose studios we visited is amongst the best in the world.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

I am so jealous of guys who can paint/draw. It has to be a natural gift. I am sure I could be "taught" to a basic level but thats about it. Will never do a masterpiece :(

Snatcher, It's the only profession where you spend 3 uears in college to work for less than the minimum wage...and you are jealous?? :huh: Mind you I wouldn't change my life though...now better get back to the Studio.

PS. Newt, there is a Potter across the courtyard from my Studio....ain't the real thing great

IF YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE THE BEST

Don't seek a second opinion.

http://www.anglingireland.info

Fish Paintings

Linocut fishy prints..

The pics are nowhere near as good as Jan's, but may be of interest.

Steve, I just point and click. Now if I understood how to venture off my camera's "auto everything" and use the manual settings I would be one real happy person. The closest I get is the ability for me to set the aperature to allow for poor lighting and then everything else automatically adjusts to that setting. I've read the camera book too many times to count but some things just don't sink in. :wallbash: Some day in my spare time - huh?

Jan, it's your composition that was so good. It was an excellent photo.

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

:rolleyes:
Jan, it's your composition that was so good. It was an excellent photo.