meatballs

tonyfisher

Guest Josh Iddon

There a great bait, Ive only used them for chub but I know they would be good carp baits. Ive found the gravy ones to be better. I just fish a whole meatball on a size 4 or even 2 hook and hook it by passing the hook through the meatball and turning it back into the bait. But I would think hair rigging would be fine for carp, as IMO hair rigging should try to be avoided with chub. Josh :)

There a great bait, Ive only used them for chub but I know they would be good carp baits. Ive found the gravy ones to be better. I just fish a whole meatball on a size 4 or even 2 hook and hook it by passing the hook through the meatball and turning it back into the bait. But I would think hair rigging would be fine for carp, as IMO hair rigging should try to be avoided with chub. Josh :)

Hair rigged they are great for carp, use em like boilies one and a half is a good way. I always put a short piece of rig tube on my needle and pull the hair and the tube into the meatball which helps stop the hair cutting through the meat. :):)

Only used them for Barbell myself but see no reason they wouldnt work for Carp.Both on the hook and on a hair.On a hair I prefer a nice wide and thick stop as the small comercial ones pull through the soft meatballs. Not tried them yet but I reckon those new "propeller" shaped meat stops would be good.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Some broken spaghetti works well for these quite soft baits as hair stops.

I agree, I use spaghetti for luncheon meat hait stops and for match style fishing with all baits.

RUDD

Different floats for different folks!

as IMO hair rigging should try to be avoided with chub. Josh :)

Ive not done a great deal of specimen Chub fishing,most of my limited experience of them having been from a match fishing/pleasure fishing veiw.Please excuse my ignorance but why do you sugest this?

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Try making up some hair rigs the previous day or two then freezing them. If you have a cool-box you should be able to keep them frozen for some time, enabling you to cast out without them breaking up mid-flight.

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Guest Josh Iddon

Im not saying you cant do it just when I can get away with hooking the bait , I will. Because chub have have to physically pick up the bait with there lips, and they cant suck up the bait like carp, bream ect. Or I will fish with a very tight hair. Josh :)