Ultralight spinning rod info needed please......

Butt Banger

Hello Chaps

I am looking for a UK based shop that sells ultralight spinning rods if anyone can point me in the right direction.I'm after a rod to fish with lines between 3 and 5 lbs for mullet while on holiday......it must be able to fit into a suitcase to travel which probably means 5 or 6 foot/2-piece or a 4 piece 8 foot one.......I recall seeing a Ron Thompson one 3 or 4 years back........a 4 piece one , which was very nice :)

Can anyone point me in the right direction please......either shop or rod that might suit.

Thanks in advance

BB

What do you find ultra light , i find a spinning rod for 2 grams a ultra light but i think that is not what you are looking for

gr jerry

And as finishing touch

god created the dutch

What do you find ultra light , i find a spinning rod for 2 grams a ultra light but i think that is not what you are looking for

gr jerry

Most of my fishing like this has been done with one of the 5 foot glass rods that you buy while on holiday.....very basic but bend almost in a full circle and can whip out a small cork float which is locked in place with a couple of AAA shot and a 2 foot hooklink.The smaller mullet put a good bend in it but the bigger fish (1 pound+) have it bend right through to the handle.I'm just after a more upmarket version of that type of rod really.Perhaps something like the old Ron Thompson Gladiatorwhich was reviewed on here a while ago.....

BB

Edited by Butt Banger

Butt Banger , i have recently done a similar thing in that after various discussions on here (thanks lads :huh: ) i took another look at my spinning/lure tackle and decided to upgrade the light rod from a glass composite old rod (with rust on the rings :( from lack of use ) and i cut the trebles of the old spinners and plugs and threw them away and buy some new ones,i had to goto a decathlon store to get some safety darts for someones present and was forced to walk down the angling isle and past some lure rods in racks in the isle but wasn't impressed i got some dartboard and darts and was walking back through the angling section when something caught my eye it was a range of spinning rod/reel combo's hanging on the wall called the "4x4 set 210,270 ,310 geologic and comes in a red/gray bag/holdall and each rod is a carbon blank and good rings and slim plus they come with a spinning reel (open faced) which looks the same as a okuma front drag reel sized to suite the rod and all for £18.95p the quality was surprisingly good (i got a 210 version) and at 7ft would make a good mullet rod with a casting weight of 5-17g .

if you wanted a ultra light rod then shimano do some nice rods see here:

shimano spinning rods

i've also looked at the Shakespeare Purist Spin Rod 7ft 2-15g (from mullarkys) at Mullarkeys Price £26.00 and the Shakespeare Royalty Spinning Rod 7ft 2pc 2-15g Mullarkeys Price £19.00 to go with the other rod from decatholon.

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

ooohhhHHH i think i'll have to find one of those ! thats what i was after a light rod i could cast my mepps spinners with on the canal and dove for perch and chub ect and within my meager budget .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender

i've found this rod Bass Pro IM6 Graphite Series ulta light spin 2 piece, 5'6", casts 1/16oz-1/4oz at £39 from LureMania

Edited by chavender

owls22dx.gif

Chavender