Folkestone or Newhaven boats

Lazza

Can anyone recommend a boat with skipper and equipment to hire in Folkestone or Newhaven. This would be for about five adults of moderate experience, yet rusty. Also, how much is the rough cost of hiring a boat for the day and what are the 'rules' about such a hire such as - does the skip take any of the catch and do you tip him/her at the end of the day? I'm new to this forum so I'd like to say a big hello. I've already had a good look through and it's a great read. I'd appreciate your help with this. Thanks Mole

Hi Mole

I don't know those areas but if you're willing to travel to Newhaven then Brighton is only a few more miles and there are some well respected skippers there.

They won't want any of your catch, unless you offer, tipping is up to you (I'm originally from Yorkshire so don't normally bother )

Decide what you want to do and give a few if them a call.

Derrick Dalmond ("Riptide") is one of the better Brighton skippers. I used to go out with him before moving to Stu Arnold's Eastbourne boat.

Am supposed to be out wrecking for pollack tomorrow, but its just been cancelled :mad: :mad: :mad:

[ 05. June 2003, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: Vagabond ]

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

Mole, Hello to you.

If you only have 4 or 5 anglers? Then Dave May `PiscineII` has a smaller boat, out of Brighton marina that won`t be out of your reach.

Dave will do you a `deal` midweek? I`ve booked his boat for as little as £60 for myself out of season? If you`ve only got 4 or 5 anglers, his boat would be ideal for you! Forgive me if I`m wrong. But I get the idea you want the trip just for familly or mates?

Bigger boats are fine, if your all seasoned anglers.

Just give Dave a bell? 01273604956. You`ll be suprised at the price difference. And, yes! He`s moored right below the pontoon steps. Must say something?

Paul Compton.

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

• 2 weeks later...