White rag for flounders

Guest @Winter@

An interesting thread, in an estuary or harbour situation ragworm, peeler crab of strips of mackerel will often score well for flounders but on an open surf beach both harbour ragworm and whites will do the business especially at this time of year.

Some say whites are difficult to get and expensive but that depends on your location, for me peeler crab at £1 a time are expensive and getting black lug is virtually impossible with wraps costing up to 40p each but on the other hand I have no trouble in digging 300 whites a tide, in-fact it is easier to dig whites than blow lug or rag. Around the coastline their are far more whites than may believe, yes the big snakes are far and few between but the smaller sand whites are there for those prepared to do some homework!!!!!!

Guest @Winter@

Come on Diabolis we arent asking you the where abouts of those great scottish white snakes m8 just wether you rate them as a flounder bait.

Come on Diabolis we arent asking you the where abouts of those great scottish white snakes m8 just wether you rate them as a flounder bait.

Whereabouts is easy...my fridges! :lol: And the smaller silvers and whites (catworms) do have their moments for winter flounders. As CC says, on sandy beaches, they can be deadly in combination with harbours.

In Nomine Satanas

Awesome bait, as chris says not that hard to get hold of if you know where and how. Awesome tipping a small bullet lug with a chunk of white worm flounders, bass and rocklings love it. To be honest winter ,lug and mackeral is an excellent bait, try using lug tipped with 3 maddies on a size 2 kamasan b940m superb combo. On alot of the beaches you will often find lug is not essential, mackeral is perfect for good size flounders, but makesure its top quality mackeral not soft n mushy!!

Your beaches are completely different from ours. The beaches along the north coast of england and scotland, in general terms, are very shallow surf beaches where flounders feed in close around the breakers. Correct me if im wrong but the majority of beaches down near you are deepish in close. Maddies and white worm work as well anywhere along the shoreline in the UK im sure though!